HYD Cylinder Rebiuld?

/ HYD Cylinder Rebiuld? #1  

kennyd

Advertiser
Tractor
John Deere 3720 CAB/TLB, JD455
I am trying to take the cylinders of my JD 410 loader apart, I have the snap ring off but cannot see what holds the rod giude in...

Attached is the parts breakdown
Any Thoughts???

Attachments

• 574157-Cylinder.gif
    574157-Cylinder.gif
    25.4 KB · Views: 372
   / HYD Cylinder Rebiuld? #2  
I'd love to help you out. But I can't tell from that picture. Is there an internal threaded nut below the snap ring?

/ HYD Cylinder Rebiuld?
No threads, The picture shows a ring, part #6, but I have no idea idea how to get to it...

/ HYD Cylinder Rebiuld? #4  
Hi
Once you remove the snap ring #3 you will have to tap the # 10 guide into the barrel about 3/4 of a inch to get at the other snap ring remove ring . Then just pull rod and guide out of barrel.
Ken

/ HYD Cylinder Rebiuld?
Well, That is what the service guy said at JD, but I tapped it in about 2" so far and there is no other snap ring, there is a round grove in the barrel, but no ring.
I am at my wits end on this one...

/ HYD Cylinder Rebiuld? #6  
If there is no ring, Can you pull the shaft out?

/ HYD Cylinder Rebiuld?
Negative.
I even tried 100 lbs. of air and no go...

The snap ring I took off only keeps the rod guide from going in, but something has to stop it from coming out, but I cannot see an interanal ring.

Guess I'll have to go back to JD in the morning.

/ HYD Cylinder Rebiuld?
I finally got them apart today, turns out there is a orange piece of plastic in the bag of new seals. You place to plastic in the groove in the barrel, it makes it smooth, then yank the rod out, the plastic lets the internal ring slide right on out.

/ HYD Cylinder Rebiuld? #9  
That is a new one on me! Usually the ring stays in the groove as Korum described. Did you find out about the orange part by reading the kit instructions? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ HYD Cylinder Rebiuld?
Of course, there were no instructions with the new seal kit. If there was I would not have posted the original question.

I went to JD and talked to a mechanic.