Shorter Category 1 top link

/ Shorter Category 1 top link #1  

gmccarty

Tractor
Ford 2120
I'm trying to find out if there are shorter cat 1 toplinks available. I know there is the standard size (16" tube), and extra long, but I haven't been able to find a shorter one.

I'm trying to pitch my rear blade forward enough so it won't dig, just drag.

Thanks.

/ Shorter Category 1 top link #2  
I doubt that there is one short enough to do that. Unless your blade will reverse 180 degrees, sounds like you need a box blade, or you can lift it slightly off the ground.

/ Shorter Category 1 top link #3  
I had the same problem with a dirt scoop on my old Allis. My solution was to cut a section from a standard toplink, bevel the raw edges, put in a slug the same ID as the two toplink pieces and then off to the weld shop. The welding took 2 minutes and I have been abusing that TL for over 10 years with no problem. I suspect the weld with the internal slug is the strongest part of the tube?

/ Shorter Category 1 top link #4  
I have a grey market Yanmar with a Yanmar tiller. The top link that I received with this setup included a 8 inch to 11 inch top link. The top link is only threaded on one end as opposed to both ends. This was painted the green that Yanmar uses on tractors and tillers so I'm guessing it was a Yanmar part. If you are located anywhere near a grey market dealer they may be able to help you.

Another possible solution is a Cat O top link with Cat I bushings. This would be a little less strong but should be OK if you're not doing anything really heavy. I have also used this and its does work. You should be able to find the Cat O top link and the bushings at any tractor supply store.

Hopes this helps, Charles Hill

/ Shorter Category 1 top link #5  
The tube on the category 1 toplink that came with my Kubota BX2200 is 11 inches, so it seems that a Kubota dealer can help you.

/ Shorter Category 1 top link #6  
Could you maybe get a Cat 0 top link and use 4 Cat 0/1 bushings, or buy a 5/8" Cat 0 pin (would need this anyway) and just let it slop a little in the 3/4" Cat 1 holes?

TSC has a couple different lengths of Cat 0 top links. One of them is quite short.

Ralph

/ Shorter Category 1 top link #7  
Buy a cat 0 toplink and weld cat 1 ends on it.

Soundguy

/ Shorter Category 1 top link #8  
Find a local dealer who also sells TISCO tractor parts

Part #JSA1009 9" tube 13" to 19" overall $16

Part # JSA1012C 12" tube 15 3/4 to 23 3/4 overall

/ Shorter Category 1 top link #9  
could you move the toplink pin hole on the blade back so there is more distance where the link attaches
clear as mud?

/ Shorter Category 1 top link #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The tube on the category 1 toplink that came with my Kubota BX2200 is 11 inches, so it seems that a Kubota dealer can help you. )</font>

$95 for that part /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif