3pt Lift Squealing

/ 3pt Lift Squealing #1  

DFW

Bronze Member
Tractor
Task Master 432E
Hi all, over this weekend I hookup my first 3pt attachment for my tractor (new Worksaver 6" backblade) since purchasing her last year. When I try to lift the 3pt I get a loud squealing sound and the implement jerks off the ground /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif. That is if I have the RPMs high enough, otherwise it stalls the tractor. Makes if very hard to make any kind of up/down adjustments. Anyone have an idea of what my be going on here or is this normal? BTW, I have tried turning the adjustment knob to various settings and still the same. Also, all other hydraulics work OK (FEL, steering, BH when attached).

Thanks in advance for any clues.

David

/ 3pt Lift Squealing #2  
Your tractor should easily lift the 3PH at idle. If the engine is loading down and the 3PH is struggling to lift, are you sure your implement is hooked up properly? I'd start by removing the implement and then trying the lift with nothing on it. If it makes the same sound, I think you have a blockage in your 3PH hydraulics and the squealing you are hearing is the relief valve lifting.

Sounds like time to give your dealer a call for some help.

/ 3pt Lift Squealing
Thank you Jim, the dealer is in the process of moving locatons, so no help from them for a while... And, yes, it still does it without the attachment.

/ 3pt Lift Squealing #4  
Hey thats a nice looking tractor, what is it? As for the 3 pt it sure does sound like a blockage somewhere.

Red Bluff is a pretty nice place, how are used tractor prices in the area?

/ 3pt Lift Squealing
Syncro, thanks for the compliment on the tractor. It's a 32hp TaskMaster and has been a real workhorse and very forgiving. Especially since I am new to tractoring and all of the goofs that are possible, haven't broke anything yet!

Here's an update on the problem. I finally got to the dealer and he indicated that it may be due to the fact that I've never used the 3pt lift before, I need to break it in or a blockage as others here on TBN have suggested. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif So, I spent an hour or so raising and lowering the 3pt and by golly it is getting better! I can still stall the tractor if I do it "just right". /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
I may still take it apart and make sure there are no obstructions if it still happens after I do my 50hr flush.

Thanks all for you help.

/ 3pt Lift Squealing #6  
I am not really comforted by the "break it in" comment by the dealer. Something binding or a blockage is my opinion.
Ben

/ 3pt Lift Squealing
Neither was I, but that's what he said and it does seem to be getting better... Time will tell or they'll send me a new unit if necessary.

/ 3pt Lift Squealing #8  
dfw,does your tractor have a hydraulic isolater valve(used to lock the hydraulic system).my mahindra has one and i forgot to open the valve once and got the same results you are describing..

/ 3pt Lift Squealing
dieseldoc, thanks for the tip, unfortunately this is not the cause. I tried different settings, full open, half open and almost closed, same thing...

/ 3pt Lift Squealing #10  
Hope I am not too late getting in on this discussion. I just assembled several of these tractors. The lift squeals if valve does not open all the way when pushed. It is not a controlable flow, only off on. The reason I found many did not open all the way was the ring collar behind the lever sliding on the rod with the adjustable stops tend to bur or bite into the rod when new, catching on the rod. Since the rod has some spring to it you tend to not notice the sticking problem. Hope this helps.