FEL valve replacement

/ FEL valve replacement #1  

dingleberry

Tractor
NH TC45DA
Any input you all may have would be greatly appreciated. I have a Ford 1700 tractor and the FEL valve (Two stick) /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif is absolutely worn out and falling apart. I am going to replace it with a unistick model /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I have looked around for different valves to replace mine and the only one I can find in a single stick application is from my local New Holland dealer. $369 for parts and $75 to install /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. Any one know where I can get a better deal? I already checked Northern catalog, no go. Additionally is it worth the $75-100 to have the service department install the new valve?
Thanks for the help.
D

/ FEL valve replacement #2  
Try Surplus Center . They have several joystick valves that would fit. Price should be under $200.

You can install it yourself. It's not hard and we here can help if you need it. You may have to purchase a few fittings but they can be ordered from Surplus Center or several other venders also. You may have to conjure up a mounting bracket but that is not difficult.

/ FEL valve replacement
Thanks for the info I knew one of you guys could help me. I cannot find the type of valve I need on that site by looking through the pages though. What term would you use to search for that type of valve. I tried joystick and loader valve, no luck.
THanks again,
D

/ FEL valve replacement #4  
Try this link to Surplus Center.

Prince joystick loader valve

You will probably need the power beyond sleeve for your application. You might also want to request a catalog.

ALso, I'll bet that the CCM TNT joystick valve will also work. Take a look on ccmachinery.com .

/ FEL valve replacement #5  
I think he is offering you a decent value. Not so much for the valve, but the installation. If you want to spend a lot of time chasing potentially obscure metric hydraulic fittings to retrofit a valve, you MAY be able to save a few bucks. We don't know your talents and expertise. The prince valve will do the job, and the PB sleeve is probably a necessity even if your current valve has only 6 ports total.

/ FEL valve replacement
ok i am going to get ready to start this project. I want to make sure I am ordering the right valve for my job. I am experienced with diesel/gas engines, transmissions etc. but inexperienced with hydraulic applications. First let me explain my outfit.

1982 Ford 1700 4X4 diesel with Ford FEL and Ford 3pt. backhoe.

I do not have a digital camera so I will explain the hydraulic system starting at the FEL valve. The valve obviously has the 4 lines running to the cylinders on the loader itself(these are labeled A,B,C,D on the valve). THere is one line running from the FEL valve (labeled IN) to an aluminum port doohickey (technical term) under the seat where the main lines are running from the sump to the pump at the front of the engine. From this aluminum doohickey a line runs to the back of the tractor for an outlet to run the backhoe. THis same line then returns to the FEL valve to a port labeled (OUT). So there are 6 total lines or ports running from the FEL valve. I hope this all makes sense.

Will the recommnded Prince valve do the job and what other fittings do you all see that may be necessary?

I am looking forward to doing the project and I really appreciate everyones help.

D

/ FEL valve replacement
I forgot to add that I will patiently await madreferee's expert hydraulic input. i am pretty new here but it seems that between madreferee and henro I know you guys can help out a hydraulic rookie! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ FEL valve replacement #8  
Well, your FEL valve appears to not have power beyond.

Is this an open or closed center system?

How many other lines are connected to the aluminum block?

Where is the 3pt connected in this?

Do you have a WSM with a hydraulic schmetic?

Does the backhoe have a second line that goes somewhere?

The fittings you will need will depend on the thread sizes and hose sizes you decide to use. Only you can determine that. What is on there now?

/ FEL valve replacement
how do i tell if it is an open or closed system?

these are the only lines connected to the aluminum block.

the three point is connected into the same housing as the aluminum block and the main lines from the sump come from.

I do not have a hydraulic schematic.

The backhoe does not have a second line.

I am not worried about finding fittings for my lines to connect to the new FEL valve, I just did not know what you meant when you said I may need the power beyond sleeve.

If the current valve is not power beyond does that mean that I cannot put a power beyond valve on. The current valve seems to lower the needed hydraulic pressure to my backhoe do I have any alternatives to remedy this.

What exactly is power beyond.

Thanks alot so far,
D

/ FEL valve replacement
Can anyone out there help me. I need to know if this valve will fit my application. I already have my old valve taken off /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gifand I am waiting for a little advice to make sure this valve that madreferee recommended will fit my application.

Please help anyone, I would like to get my tractor back together to start a new project /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

thanks,
D