OH MY GOSH!!!!!

/ OH MY GOSH!!!!! #1  

twinstackram

Silver Member
Tractor
international 234
This past fall I bought a IH 234 4x4 to take the place of the Honda RT5000 that I have using, since we got 8.5 acres so I upgraded,Anyway I wanted to start off on the right foot and go thru all the fluids and filters,took the air filter out and it was packed with turkey feathers,so this really gave me a good idea that this tractor probably wasn't maintained like it should have been,anyway went to the IH dealer today to get filters and the oils that I needed,OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!
2 oil,2 hydro,2 fuel,1 air and and the fluids $165.30.
need to find napa filters and find IH comparable fluids

/ OH MY GOSH!!!!! #2  
On the fluids I use the TSC Premium hydraulic fluid, meets HY-Tran specs, works good. I also use Napa filters. Still not really cheap, but cheaper.

/ OH MY GOSH!!!!!
I wasn't sure on the fluids,and didn't want to screw something up that's the reason I went to the IH dealer,once I change the fluids this time I'll run it for 8-10 hrs and then change them again and try to get some of the fluids with something cheaper but equal to the IH fluids,thanks for the reply.

/ OH MY GOSH!!!!! #4  
I have been able to find all of the filters for my old IH2444 at NAPA. The hydraulic return filter was less than 1/4 of what IH wanted, did not even check on the rest after that. As long as the fluids meet IH specs that your tractor specifies you should be fine. Some will disagree, but most farmers I know just use equivalent spec oil instead of the manufacturers brand, which has just been bid out to some refinery anyway.

Ben

/ OH MY GOSH!!!!! #5  
Filter is a filter (to some extent)...like the other guys said though be careful with the fluid. Make sure it is exact spec to IH (some manufactures don't have specs printed on their fluid), wrong fluid can cause major trouble.