How to fix twisted rollover box blade

/ How to fix twisted rollover box blade #1  

Slippy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 6000 4wd; IH x2; NHTC40DSS; International 1086; JD 5115M
Have a Gannon rollover box blade that I caught on a stump and twisted. Can't roll it now and the whole unit is twisted. Can only lock down one side. Can't figure out how to break it down. The bar that goes across the unit that rotates does not come out. The box itself will not come out. All I can figure is that when they put them together they are welded. Any ideas?

/ How to fix twisted rollover box blade #2  
Is there anyway you can try and twist it back ? A friend, who is a welder ,always tries to do just the opposite to correct twist and bent items that come to his shop for repair .It is amazing what he has straightened out . Can you try backing into something solid to see if it will bend back in place ?
Big Al

/ How to fix twisted rollover box blade
No, I don't think so. It is setting on the floor now and the left side is on a jack stand in front holding it up. On the right side it is about 2 inches off a jack stand of equal height. I have it in a machine shop right now and they heated up the arm that has the handle attached to it and got it straight. They are taling about cutting the main cross member, trying to straighten it out from there. I caught the stump on the left side. Wish something would have broke. Would be eaiser to fix.