Found the mother lode of new parts for old JD's

/ Found the mother lode of new parts for old JD's #1  

stevenf

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M9000
Found the mother lode of new parts for old JD\'s

I went to pickup my new disk and some seed this morning its raining so the disk is still on the trailer. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I have to tell anyone looking for old John Deere parts for tractors or implements that I found the place. It is a tractor and implement dealer turned general store in 1960 prior to that they were a John Deere dealer for 80 years. They just moved the tractor stuff back in the corner of their store and started selling hardware. It is amazing they have it all for sale lots of it is still marked with old prices which they will sell it for. They had a lot of stuff that I have no idea what its for like some type of wooden rollers with shafts and much much more. There are hundreds of labeled bins with parts and hundreds of boxes all containing parts in original JD boxes, theres even what appears to be a complete transmission sitting there. I've never run across anything like it before but I'm sure some of you rebuilder and collector buffs would have a field day. I was talking to the Mr. Ingenhueett the owner of the store who is the son of the original owners it has been in his family for 125 years and he was no spring chicken frankly he was a grumpy old coot but he was willing to share a great deal about their store and growing up there with all the changes that have taken place what with TV's, phones and electricity he still uses an old mechanical register but I could see a calculator under his counter just in case. The name of the store is Ingenhuett Store, PO Box 67, or 830-834 High Street, Comfort, Texas, 78013 and his phone number is 830-995-2149. It is a cool place with lots of old stuff and a little bit of new. I'll warn you don't buy any food as its also a grocery store, I think a lot of his food was there when his parents passed it down to him 50 or so years ago. Hmm! antique food well if theres any grape juice it'd be a pretty fine wine by now right. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Anyway he has no idea what he has in inventory nor does he care so I don't think I'd bother calling but if anyone is in the neighborhood you might want to go check it out. He did say that some folks around the US had discovered him over the years and he'd shipped stuff to Ohio and Maine and other places but believe me if your looking for a particular part you best come look because there are parts everywhere and under everything. I was so excited to share this find with ya'll that when I got back to the ranch the first thing I did was write this because after reading all sorts of post about people looking for old parts this place has got to be a gold mine. He does have an guy working with him named Chris, I think that he might know a little about what he's got but looking at their parts storage methods I can't believe anyone would know where anything was or even what it was if it wasn't in one of the labeled bins and there was a lot that wasn't.
Steve

/ Found the mother lode of new parts for old JD's #2  
Re: Found the mother lode of new parts for old JD\'s

Wow! If somebody was enterprising, maybe the old coot would take $3,000 - $5,000 for the whole lot of JD parts. Could sell on Ebay and make a nice profit. Heck if I was close to Texas I'd give it a try.

/ Found the mother lode of new parts for old JD's #3  

Ask him how much for the lot.

Shoot some of us could ante up and do an ebay sale.

/ Found the mother lode of new parts for old JD's #4  

Could you check with him to see if he has an injection pump for a JD 820? This is the 1977ish one with verticle 3 cylinder diesel, not the older 2 cylinder model. My neighbor has an 820 that has injection pump problems. JD no longer carries parts for them.

Ralph

/ Found the mother lode of new parts for old JD's #5  

Steve I think with all these inquiries about that stuff I think you should have brought your digi cam with you so you can at least post the pix. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Found the mother lode of new parts for old JD's

Grumpa, You'd have to see this place its in what is now the historic district of Comfort, Texas the ceiling is at least 12' maybe taller and the bins of parts are probably 40' long and all the way to the ceiling each has a stinceled number on the end of the bin. and then the floor is covered pretty well with more larger parts and in the middle of all this is 3 or 4 back to back shelfs probably 10' tall with bins and more parts. To top it all off at some point they took all their original signage off the outside and its screwed to the walls inside. I don't think its possible to make a digital recording at least with the equipment I possess but the next time we go there I'll try to get some digital pictures and post them here. I still can't believe all the stuff in this place its like being in a museum where you can buy the displays.
Steve

/ Found the mother lode of new parts for old JD's

Ralph they got out of the tractor business in 1960 so I'd doubt they'd have a 1977ish pump unless they used the same one in 1960 as in 77.
Steve