cub cadet hydrostatic tractor moves ahead by itsel

/ cub cadet hydrostatic tractor moves ahead by itsel #1  

wis54129

i have a cub cadet 7305 compact tractor with hydrostatic drive.
the last few monthes the tractor will move forward on its own, without activating the drive.
is there a valve that needs adjusting?

/ cub cadet hydrostatic tractor moves ahead by itsel #2  
On most tractors equipped with HST transmissions there is an adjustment to center the drive mechanism between forward and reverse so that it stays put in the neutral position until of course your foot says giddie up.

Check your operators manual for the adjustment proceedure.

/ cub cadet hydrostatic tractor moves ahead by itsel #3  
It may be as simple a matter as spraying the connector rods with WD40 or PB Blaster. Follow the links from the lever to where the HST connects and spay all the linkages well. Of course, this is usually a "sticking" problem where the operator lets go, and the pedal doesn't, but it may be the same fix.

Other than that, I agree that you may need to adjust the pedal lie by changing the linkage position. John

/ cub cadet hydrostatic tractor moves ahead by itsel #4  
Had the same problem with my new Cub Cadet 3204 last summer. Tried to park it and it would creep forward on its own. There is an adjustment on the hydro transmission. Unfortunately, I can't tell you how to adjust as the dealer took care of mine under warranty. Sould be a simple adjustment. Have you tried contacting your dealer?