Tractor recalls and technical service bulletins

/ Tractor recalls and technical service bulletins #1  

twin88cam

Tractor
FORD 3000, Kubota L4200, JD 1025R
Does anyone know of a site online where you can find recall information, or service bulletins for research purposes on different tractor brands? I know it's available for cars on the NHTSB for cars, can't find anything on farm equipment. Thanks for any information.

/ Tractor recalls and technical service bulletins #2  
I could be wrong but unless there's a federal law requiring that info on tractors I don't think you're not going to find anything. Tractors don't fall under the DOT. That's probably good because if we had to pay for airbags and all the other safety stuff on tractors, the price would probably skyrocket. I can already imagine the Onstar commercial.

Tractor owner: "I've gotten stuck."

Onstar: "Sir, you don't seem to be on a highway."

Tractor owner: "That's correct. I'm stuck in a field."

Onstar: "You're off the road? Are you OK? I'll dispatch someone immediately."

Tractor owner: "Don't do that. I just need you to call my wife and tell her I'm going to be late for lunch."

FWIW, I can remember when JD had to replace the axles on some of their CUTs and I don't believe there was a recall. If you complained, you got a new axle. If you didn't ... who knows what happened. The feds didn't care.

/ Tractor recalls and technical service bulletins
Darren, your probably right, we don't need the Dot regulations on tractors like we have on cars, just thought it may be interesting if it were available. Thanks for the reply.

/ Tractor recalls and technical service bulletins #4  
You did bring up an interesting point. When I bought my L3710 hydrostatic, I didn't get the mmm until later. When it arrived, I tried to install the mount on the tractor and there was an interference with a steel hydraulic line. I ended up talking to a Kubota engineer in California. Even he had to research the problem. I'm positive at that point that the delears hadn't been told. Kubota ended up shipping me a line with a different configuration which solved the problem.

Two years later, when I talked to Kubota about a filter failure, I found that the original problem hadn't been entered against my tractor's serial number even though it was covered under warranty.

It's different with cars and trucks.

/ Tractor recalls and technical service bulletins #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I can already imagine the Onstar commercial.

Tractor owner: "Don't do that. I just need you to call my wife and tell her I'm going to be late for lunch." )</font>

That is toooooo funny!!

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Tractor recalls and technical service bulletins #6  
Here's one I found for John Deere
John Deere Recall
Here's another I found for a different Deere problem.
Deere Transmission recall
I don't mean to pick on John Deere, it's just that these were the only ones I could find by doing a search on tractor recalls.
I checked the consumer product safety commision's website for other brands and found nothing.
Kubot has a recall for utility vehicles, but not tractors, on their website.
I've contact the University of CA at Berkley's farm safety program to see if they can steer us to some statistics. I'll let you know what I find out. John

/ Tractor recalls and technical service bulletins #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( I can already imagine the Onstar commercial.

Tractor owner: "Don't do that. I just need you to call my wife and tell her I'm going to be late for lunch." )</font>

That is toooooo funny!!

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

Can someone finish this commercial, it's got me laughing. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Tractor recalls and technical service bulletins #8  
now thats funny!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif and i bet you are right also. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Tractor recalls and technical service bulletins #9  
In our neck of the woods it would be...

Call my wife and have her bring out more Beer.