Messick, Sweet, CCI & other dealers.

/ Messick, Sweet, CCI & other dealers. #1  

Darren

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3710, Ford 5600, Case MB4/94, Kubota B6200
Do you get technical service bulletins or recall notices from the manufacturers? Inquiring minds want to know.

/ Messick, Sweet, CCI & other dealers. #2  
Yes every authorized dealer will receive notices from manufacturers as to any potential problems or recalls.

/ Messick, Sweet, CCI & other dealers. #3  
And why aren't they promptly posted on TBN for us to look at? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Messick, Sweet, CCI & other dealers. #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( And why aren't they promptly posted on TBN for us to look at? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif )</font>

Because they are copyright protected.

Because if the manufactures wanted them published on the web, they would do so themselves.

Of course, it would be very nice to have them indeed, and I guess that's your point.

Cliff

/ Messick, Sweet, CCI & other dealers. #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( And why aren't they promptly posted on TBN for us to look at? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif )</font>

I have no clue what line of work you're in. But let's say, just for the sake of arguement, that you are the manager of a "Widget manufacturing company". /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

OK... It's discovered that your widget has a design flaw. Your competitor has a Widget that isn't as good as yours, but it doesn't have that exact same flaw. Would you publish a detailed memo in every newspaper, trade publication, internet website, and hardware store bullitin board, detailing that flaw, or just tell your distributors and sales outlets? Would you assume that they could contact all the customers who bought your Widgets to arrainge needed repairs/updates, or would you let your competitor tell all their POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS to BEWARE of YOUR WIDGET.
/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

It's only "good business" to handle recall notices in a discrete manner. As long as they're taken care of CORRECTLY, there's no need to broadcast to the entire world that you made a mistake with regards to your Widget. Fix the problem CORRECTLY, and move on. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Also, there's the need to protect the customer base of your dealers. Why tell everyone on the planet all the secrets of how to service your Widget? Then your dealers service center has no need to be there. When you sell the next Widget to a person who doesn't work on their own Widget's, they have no place to turn for Widget service. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It's all about running a successful business in my opinion.

I'm all in favor of being a well informed consumer myself, but I also understand that the folks I buy from aren't going to tell me everything they know, only what they WANT me to know. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Messick, Sweet, CCI & other dealers. #7  
Not all recalls and service bulletins apply to every unit.

For instance, there is a thread on the Kubota Owning & Operating Forum about the joystick on an FEL not staying in the float position. It is a problem caused by moisture freezing. For those in warmer climates it is not a problem. If everyone in the country showed up to get their tractor worked on it would cost Kubota a lot of money to modify tractors that do not need to be modified.

A lot of those recalls and bulletins may only apply to a few units or to units that experience a particular problem.

My experience with recalls on autos is that if I don't have the problem I don't want them messing with it. Their is a recall for the back glass lock on Jeep Liberty's right now. Seems some of them pop open unexpectedly duuring a heavy rain. Charlotte's Liberty has never had that problem and we had 77" of rain last year so I have not taken it in. Why fix something that is not broken?

Bill Tolle

/ Messick, Sweet, CCI & other dealers. #8  
Neat site but nothing on tractor at all. My point before if that most dealers I know personally are never going to talk about recalls or HW issues since it costs them repair and maintenance dollars. It pays to ***** about anythig that brakes since it might be a recall and not a wear item.

I just think the tractor manufacturers should be forced to be as open as the auto and motorcycle industries.