Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Deutz Fahr Agrofarm 100, Stoll loader, bucket, forks & root grapple

Default Re: u-joints for implement shaft

Thanks for the reply. I've replaced some on a couple of pickups that were high milage. Guess I have been lucky on the equipment.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3710DT & Yanmar 186D

I had to replace a u-joint on a 6' big bee cutter due to it being left out in the weather for several seasons and fire ants building a hill around the PTO shaft. It rusted up pretty good. That probably doesn't happen too often, though. TSC had the joint I needed after I took the old one in and we compared it to their shelf stock. It was metric which made it more expensive. The yoke and joint ended up costing about $75.

Jeff

Tractor
    Yanmar1500D/Case580D

Most implement U-joints are avilable at a good parts store such as NAPA. A little trick for some that don't know it is when you get a joint that won't take grease, use a little heat. It doesn't take much. Just heat the cup that is frozen and hit it with some grease. Watch out though. If it gets too hot you may have some hot grease hitting you. Once it cools a little grease it again to make certain the viscosity of the grease is good and heavy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12