three chunks of metal

/ three chunks of metal #1  

twinstackram

Silver Member
Tractor
international 234
Well I had to break down and do it.

put the rear blade on and the front was a little light,and didn't want to steer,not a good thing,so I had to break down a buy a set of weights,went to a guy that has some used stuff,but he wanted a dollar a pound,and they wouldn't look that good so I called the dealer and got three 42# suitcase weights at $55 a wack.

then got to checking and my diff lock wouldn't unlock,that's why it was not wanting to turn.

but those little weights really make that tractor look like a tractor,just looks cool,I know you tractor nuts know what I'm talking about.

just hate buying three chunks of metal,at $55 a piece,thats getting in to my tractor attachment money,but I realize I needed them.

/ three chunks of metal #2  
If your weights make your tractor stable then they are worth every penny you paid.

We got a set of 950 pounds worth of cast iron at the same time we purchased our package.

The nice thing about cast iron that you will find out is that they can easily and quickly be removed if you need to lighten up.

My wife has been telling me to lighten up since I married her. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ three chunks of metal
I'm thinking I should run a chain through them and lock them on,be pretty easy to grab and run,found out more about the stability when I take it out to our property.

all I can say is that I'm glad that I have 4x4,it don't take a whole lot to get it spinning,and the front weights will only help.

/ three chunks of metal #4  
When using the diff lock in a turn to disengage, tap either brake to free it. Usually tapping the opposite brake from the way you are turning will do it. I learned the hard way. Didn't realize it was engaged and used the brake to turn. Sheared the primary drive on that side.

/ three chunks of metal #5  
Thanks for the smile! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Have you ever seen anyone trying to run with 3 heavy suitcase weights?

I'll bet you could catch up with him real easy if someone did decide to grab them and run.

/ three chunks of metal #6  
Mike:

I could/would have sold you mine as I have wheel weights on back and keep the FEL on 100% of time so the provided front end weights I have (probably 150 lbs as it is dang near impossable for me to lift when I was INSHAPE let alone now are setting along side of my garage collecting rust /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

MarkM

/ three chunks of metal
mine are only 42# weights,oh well if someone takes them I'll strap one of the kids up there.we got five so I could have different weights for different jobs /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ three chunks of metal #8  
Mark if you're serious about selling yours I might be interested. I've been looking for some weights. What kind are they...wheel weights or suitcase weights? The only problem would be getting them from there to here...I'm near Nashville TN.