Case 1840 Skid Steer Hung Up and Dies Upon Mov

/ Case 1840 Skid Steer Hung Up and Dies Upon Mov #1  

Rondall

I recently got my Case 1840 Skid Steer hung up in the mud. The back is buried down pretty far. Basically, the front end is pointed at the sky. It ran fine originally when I was trying to get it out. However, I had to shut it down and call for help. It sat for a few days in this position. Then I went to hook it up to my truck and am having another problem. When I put the safety bar down to operate the vehicle, it kills the engine immediately. Does anyone know what my problem can be?

/ Case 1840 Skid Steer Hung Up and Dies Upon Mov #2  
Could it have a switch in the seat that needs weight on it to run? My CAT skid steer won't start unless there is some weight on the seat.

/ Case 1840 Skid Steer Hung Up and Dies Upon Mov
I don't think that's the case. I am sitting in the seat when I let the bar down. It starts fine even when I am not in the seat. It just dies when I lower the safety bar. All of the system lights check out fine.

Thanks for the help though.

/ Case 1840 Skid Steer Hung Up and Dies Upon Mov #4  
Welcome to TBN !

This is just a guess but I would say that there is a switch somewhere on the bar or where it rests that is the culprit. Check to make sure that the conections are clean and making good contact. Good Luck

/ Case 1840 Skid Steer Hung Up and Dies Upon Mov #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I am sitting in the seat when I let the bar down. It starts fine even when I am not in the seat. It just dies when I lower the safety bar. )</font>
After it dies, does it restart okay? Are you able to lift the safety bar back up, start again and then it dies again? If so, I would suspect that the safety bar is hitting a wire that's shorting a safety switch somewhere. I assume there's some type of safety switch connected to the safety bar?
Trace down the wiring to assure that all connections are tight, and that you haven't frayed some wiring along the way.
John

/ Case 1840 Skid Steer Hung Up and Dies Upon Mov #6  
How much angle is there? Could there be some kind of low oil level cutoff. There could be enough in the pan to start it, but once it pumps a bunch up into the motor it might run a little dry. Don't know if thats the case but post the resolution when you find it. Might help one of us one day.

/ Case 1840 Skid Steer Hung Up and Dies Upon Mov #7  
Dosen't the safety bar just lock out the hydraulics? wouldn't think it would kill the engine. We had an "operator" flip a Bobcat skid steer over on it's top and it was still running while on it's top! On the other hand, another "operator" drove our cat excavator into farm pond, by the time we got the D9 down there to drag it out, it had sunk in mud and water to about 4" above the floor board, had nothing but problems with it after, finaly sold it some lucky guy.

/ Case 1840 Skid Steer Hung Up and Dies Upon Mov #8  
Most of the skid loaders I run have a weight in the seat to make them engage. The last one I used You had to rock back in till it made a little click. But another thing is that some skid loaders have a tilt angle to keep it from rolling over. Even one bouncing down the road will shut it off if it angles one way too much. Id try to get it leveled up then restart it.