k3b locked up!

/ k3b locked up! #1  

Parkini

Hello all. first post here and I'm wondering if there is any hope for this tractor. It is an Iseki and I think it is model #TX2160F with a Mitsubishi K3B that is locked up. The tractor has been sitting outside without a cover on the exhaust. Is there any way I can un-lock this thing or is it junk. I was hoping that some Marvel Mystery oil in the cylinders might to the trick. Any advice on this would be great.

/ k3b locked up! #2  
I have found a lubricant called Kroil from Kano Industries that has amazed me with its lubrication and 'un-sticking' properties. I would fill the cylinders with that or something like it (WD-40 in a pinch). Let it sit a couple of days then try turning the engine over by putting a wrench on the crankshaft nut. Don't try to turn it over very far, you may even have to turn it a little, then back up, then resoak it. We did this to an old 2cyl JD and never went into the motor after it freed up. ran it for some time after that as well. Just remember to change the oil after freeing it up.

/ k3b locked up! #3  
You probably will have to pull the glow plugs to get enough oil into the cylinders to do any good.....I've had luck just bumping the starter a bit every day or so for a week...keeps the oil seeping to different areas......What is your climate........Is there a chance water got in and then froze ?? If so you may want to consider another tractor option................Tom

/ k3b locked up! #4  
I had an old David Brown Ag tractor that had been sitting uncovered for about 3 years - locked solid.
First thing I did was to remove the injectors and sucked the water out of the offending cylinder with a straw, not much fun but had to be done /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
After that I filled the cylinders with about an inch of diesel/WD40 (although there are def better products you can use) and left it for a few weeks.

When turning the crank by hand try to turn it backwards so that you are moving the piston down away from (what is probably) the rusted area that has formed on top of the piston. It's much easier to move that way but be careful not to apply too much pressure to the crank or it 'could' bend.
Once I got my engine turning backwards nearly one revolution (until the piston came back up to the rust area) I hit the started which blew piston straight past the rust. Just watch out for all the c**p that comes out of the injector holes /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I ran that tractor for 12 months before selling it because the clutch was going.

Starting the DB for the first time - 7mb video

/ k3b locked up!
Thanks for the replies. It sounds like there might be some hope for this thing yet.

I live in MI so yes there is a very good chance that some water may have froze in the engine. The tractor was given to me for free so if it is junk than it is really no big deal.

Thanks again

/ k3b locked up! #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Starting the DB for the first time - 7mb video )</font>
Sure enjoyed this little video! Slow down, you've got no brakes!
John

/ k3b locked up! #7  
How did you know that? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

That little resurrection job gave me the bug. This is the job I'm working on right now
Case 4230 ressurection

Hopefully I'll have it running this week /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ k3b locked up! #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( How did you know that? )</font>
How did I know that you have no brakes? The lady taking the video hollered at you to slow down, you have no brakes in the video!!
Sometimes it pays to watch your own videos my friend! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
John

/ k3b locked up! #9  
DOH /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Not watched that video for a few years!

Anyway that's my lovely wife, firstly she ain't no lady and secondly she doesn't know anything about tractors /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

She was right though... I didn't have much in the way of brakes!

/ k3b locked up! #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Anyway that's my lovely wife, firstly she ain't no lady and secondly she doesn't know anything about tractors

She was right though... I didn't have much in the way of brakes! )</font>
If she reads this post, you'll have plenty of good BREAKS!
John