What would you do at this point

/ What would you do at this point #11  
at this point i think i might demand my $$$ back and go elsewhere. This is not going to be easy, but appears after so many months it should be doable. you paid for a NEW tractor with the expectation of it working properly, but appears it does not.

/ What would you do at this point #12  
I would give them two choices. Either give you a brand new machine or your money back. No one should have to wait weeeeeks for parts for a piece of equipment that costs as much as these tractors do.

/ What would you do at this point #14  
I agree with the others, get really tough right now. You can back down if you want but I would have an attorney write New Holland a letter. Your dealer may be ok and he may be getting the wrong stuff from New Holland. Many stories here on TBN about New Holland and shipping the right products. Have your attorney write a letter demanding your money back or a new tractor. If they get it fixed real quick you can always back down.

murph

/ What would you do at this point #15  
<font color="blue">I agree with the others, get really tough right now. You can back down if you want but I would have an attorney write New Holland a letter. </font>

In one of those threads I pointed to above, someone (forget who) who was having a problem with his NH tractor, said he mentioned "lawyer" in a conversation with someone in NH management (well above the dealer level) and he was told that they were instructed to stop dealing with the customer and refer the matter to corporate attorneys if the customer used the "L" word...Lawers on both sides would then resolve the issue...for better or worse...

This person quickly backed off, did not use the "L" word again, and his issue was resolved to his satisfaction if I remember right.

I would be tough and demanding, but not too nasty or agressive, and would keep the attorney approach in my back pocket as a last resort. But that is just me. We each got to do what we got to do...

/ What would you do at this point #16  
Perhaps the lawyer route is a bit drastic. In my case, the dealer couldn't come up with my tractor or loader. I won't go into all the details of the wait, but finally I began stopping at the dealer EVERY day.

My approach was to ask them who I could talk with above the dealer level to get the product shipped. Within a few days everything arrived and the dealer gave me great service along the way. They still are providing excellent service.

I think your question comes down to deciding who is the problem. If you have a great dealer that New Holland is not working with, then try to figure out a way to become a daily fixture and help them solve the problem. Be nice, but persistent. You don't have to stay long each day, just let them know you aren't going to go away until the problem is solved.

On the other hand, if you have a rotten dealer, well then you probably need to see if you can't get your money back and find a good dealer. If that is the situation then the lawyer route is probably the best choice.

I'd still start with constant attention at the dealer. You'll know pretty quick where the real problem is.

/ What would you do at this point
Yesterday the tracktor came home from the dealer, The owner of the dealership delievered it himself. What he said and it was'nt what I wanted to hear.
After they took the tracktor from me the split it and installed the 1st new seal. Yes I said 1st... Well that one leaked more then the factory install seal, So they split it for the 2nd time and replaced it with the 2nd new seal. That one leaked worse then the other 2 seals. So as things go they split it for the 3rd time. This time they put a new pump in Per NH. Guess what YES it still leaked at over a pint a hour. By now there going onto the 4th split of the tractor. This time there parts manager found a after market seal ( not another NH seal). This after market seal was made a ittle larger then the NH seals.
After they put the tractor back togeather it still had a small leak. Now I was told that they are going to call NH up on monday and demand a new HYdro unit or Give me a new tractor.
Well by now you can guess what I said, A NEW ONE NOTHING LESS!!!!!!
I 'am going to call NH myself monday just to make sure there is no misunderstanding what I asking them to do.
The tractor will still need to be split for the 5th time to have a new hydro unit installed if NH deams they need to resell it.

More to come after the dealers and my call to HN on monday.

/ What would you do at this point #18  
It sounds like the dealer is trying to fix you up ....but we're hot n heavy into mowing season. You planned and bought way ahead of time but are just now getting a tractor with a mower on it on April 30th. (I'm guessing the mower bracket issue was solved).
Like Gerard and DannyD, I think you should get a brand spanking new one. You've been more than understanding in this situation, and the dealer appears to have been up front and honest with you. So, it sounds like the dealer is a keeper and hopefully he'll work with you and get you a brand new one.

Good luck,
Moon of Ohio

/ What would you do at this point
Here is the latist up date.
I called NH today and explained whats been going on with my tractor. I also told NH that I want a new one that going to work right. There comments was its up to the deal to make the call on weather to give me a differant tractor. NH at that point said they would call the dealer tomorrow and see what they could find out.
Oh yes I also told NH that I thought the dealer was doing all it could to resolve the issuse, and the dealer could use a little more saport from you NH that is.
After my call to NH was over I took a trip to the dealer to see what they came up with. I was told that they are getting a new Hydro unit to replace the one thats bad on mine. BUT they also said there was no time table on when it would come. It seems that NH doesnt stock them as well. ( what the heck to they stock)
So at this point I asked the deal about getting me a new tractor. His comments where.... NH says as long it can be fixed thats what they will do. NH said to the dealer if you want to take the tractor in trade its up to you. SO I asked the dealer if they would replace it. there responce was it was going to cost me more out of pocket money. About 8% for the tractor and what ever the price increase on the mower deck and loader. Sounded like it could be between $1500 to $2500 I would have to dish out to get a new tractor Fel and MMM.

The dealer is going to do what he needs to do.
I need to deside is I want to kick out more cash. SO FAR I DONT KNOW ??????

/ What would you do at this point #20  
Unfortunately it sounds like it's time to get insistent about getting a new one, or if it were me, getting my $ back and going to a brand that is better supported. Getting legal advice maybe the only way to get it resolved.