What would you do at this point

/ What would you do at this point #1  

Bob_K

Bronze Member
Tractor
TC24DA
I purchast a TC24DA Last November (11-2004) With a 60" MMM and a FEL. The day the Tractor was delivered it didnt come with the MMM something about the wrong brackets. Dealer said a week or two and they would Have them and come and install them. After 2 1/2 months they came for the tractor. The next day I get a call from the dealer and they asked me if I could come down to there shop.
So I took the 4 mile trip to talk with them. NOW this is where the the real problems start. I was told that the mower brackets where the wrong ones and they would try to find the right one. Being winter I said no big deal for now. BUT when they try to install the mower brackets they found a oil leak. And the tractor would need to come back when they get the seal or seals needed to do the repair.
So the tractor came back home as I waited from the dealer to get the new seals. After menny stops back at the dealer they finialy came for the tractor on March 24th Almost 2 months after they found the leak.
NOTE I said they picked it up on March 24th. Well 2 differant sael kits and a try at a new pump they tell me each time it leaked worse them when I had it. Today is April 29th and the tractor is still at the deals shop in 2 parts.
I did call new Holland and asked why it took so long to get parts, Thats when it was gone ONLY 3 weeks. they call the dealer and in turn New holland calls me and tells me the same thing the deals has been telling me.
SO I AM ASKING YOU
WHAT WOULD YOU DO AT THIS POINT.

/ What would you do at this point #2  
Bob,

I'm not sure I fully understand the details....but it sounds to me like I would be asking them to give me a "rental" or replacement tractor for my use until the problem was resolved.

Seems like that would be a reasonable request...can't hurt to ask.

Now if they said "no way..." I'm not sure what my next step would be...but it probably would not be pretty... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ What would you do at this point #3  
Another member demanded a replacement after crap like this, and got it.

/ What would you do at this point #4  
It would be worth the cost to have a lawyer write a letter detailing your demands at this point. Get tough with them. Demand your tractor (in a FINISHED STATE) or a NEW replacement immediately.

/ What would you do at this point #5  
I went through so many design problems with my new rig. At one time the bill was over 6g. I told them that I paid for research and developement with the purchase price of the tractor. They did knock off 4g, and a recall came out and I got the rest of it back.
I'm with the rest of the fellows. You paid for a tractor to work with. Obviously it isn't measuring up to the propaganda that they say it is. Get a lawyer and either get your money back or get it replaced.

/ What would you do at this point #6  
Bob I'm sure you feel like at this point you're being taken advantage of.

Ask for a loaner or a refund. I think if you put it that way you're more likely to get a loaner.

/ What would you do at this point #7  
LEMON. Get a new unit OR your money back. PERIOD!

/ What would you do at this point #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Bob,

I'm not sure I fully understand the details....but it sounds to me like I would be asking them to give me a "rental" or replacement tractor for my use until the problem was resolved.

Seems like that would be a reasonable request...can't hurt to ask.

Now if they said "no way..." I'm not sure what my next step would be...but it probably would not be pretty... )</font>

This sounds to me as the way to start.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It would be worth the cost to have a lawyer write a letter detailing your demands at this point. Get tough with them. Demand your tractor (in a FINISHED STATE) or a NEW replacement immediately. )</font>

This would be good if the nice request fell on deaf ears.
Good luck.

/ What would you do at this point #9  
Sounds more like dealer incompetance than a "lemon" tractor.......but either way, a loaner or a new one seems reasonable to me. Depending on their response, a letter from a lawyer should be next...........
After not having the use of the tractor for 4 (?) months, some sort of help seems fair........
It also seems like the factory rep should be made aware of what's happening here..........

Oops, reread your post and see that you have already spoken to the factory rep, my next move would be a strongly worded request for redress from my lawyer.

/ What would you do at this point #10  
Sounds like a lemon tractor and a lemon dealer, get your money back, and find another tractor and dealer.

Excuses like you have documented are not acceptable.