Generic front weight for BX2200

/ Generic front weight for BX2200 #1  

JonM

Tractor
BX2200
While at the dealer getting another part (see Lower link bent <font color="blue"> </font> ) I told him I need another front weight because I thought only 4 will fit in the weight bracket. He didn't have to order it because he had some in the back. It doesn't have Kubota on the weight but it is the exactly size of the 4 I originally bought a year ago. I paid $66 each for the Kubota weights and $88 for the bracket. This weight was only $47.50. The only writing on the weight was "502".

Attachments

• 642791-Weight-2005May02-1.jpg
    642791-Weight-2005May02-1.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 590
   / Generic front weight for BX2200
Picture of the generic weight.

Attachments

• 642793-Weight-2005May02-2.jpg
    642793-Weight-2005May02-2.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 501
   / Generic front weight for BX2200 #3  
There is probably a local foundry that is casting them. There is no reason that you need to have the "Kubota" logo on them. If it is possible to find out who is the manufacturer of the weight, possibly others could also save a few $$$$ on the weights. It is possible that other Kubota dealers are not aware of there availability.

/ Generic front weight for BX2200 #4  
What is the purpose of the through hole?

/ Generic front weight for BX2200 #5  
You can put a threaded rod through the hole and nut and bolt it into one unit so it can't be easily removed and eliminates rattles.

/ Generic front weight for BX2200 #6  
Actually the "generic" weight looks better than my Kubota castings.

Zach

/ Generic front weight for BX2200 #7  
How many weights do You have in the bracket now? Five?

I have been looking into getting the front end weights and was told the BX2200 was supposed to have three of the 55 lb weights. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Generic front weight for BX2200 #8  
Tom,

I looked in my book and max weight for the front is 275lbs. max. weight for the front end on a BX2200. So I guess if needed you can use 5 weights. My dealer only recommended three weights though when I bought my kit. I found that was plenty enough weight for my use with the tiller. He sold me the tiller also so I guess he was figuring that into the equation. Sorry if I gave you wrong info. before.

Dave

/ Generic front weight for BX2200 #9  
Riverv ,
I know My local Dealers have all told me 3 weights @55lb. each.

I think I will e-mail Kubota about this. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Generic front weight for BX2200
I have 5 weights on the front bracket now. Is there a problem if I leave the weights on there even though there is nothing on the 3 point hitch?