I need a key to an Allis-Chalmers 5020...

/ I need a key to an Allis-Chalmers 5020... #1  

RobertO

Someone broke the key to this nice old tractor. How/where can I get a duplicate?

/ I need a key to an Allis-Chalmers 5020... #2  
Can't help you with the key but do you have any pics you can post of the old AC? /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

/ I need a key to an Allis-Chalmers 5020... #3  
I have taken similar switches to a full service locksmith and for $12 they will make a key. I have older D-Series Allis Chalmers tractors and they all use the same key, when the switch wears out, you just buy another one for about $30 and all of your old keys still work in it.
If I had to guess I would say that your key broke off because the switch had become worn, corroded, broke, etc... I would buy a replacement. Try Sandy Lake Equipment. They advertise at www.allischalmers.com

/ I need a key to an Allis-Chalmers 5020... #4  
isn't that tractor made by hinomoto ?
maybe they can help

/ I need a key to an Allis-Chalmers 5020... #5  
Robert O.

Indak is a supplier of switches for Lawn tractors and possibly for your tractor. The reason I say this is that on both an Allis D15 and an Allis 175, I've used the key from my lawn tractor. You might try one from your lawn tractor or a neighbor's.

TK

/ I need a key to an Allis-Chalmers 5020...
All:
Thanx for all the ideas. I will try to take a picture of it next time I am over at my dad's place. It has proven to be a very reliable tractor. In fact, when my wife and I were dating in high school, my (future) father-in-law saw it and bought the exact same tractor! He lost his keys also /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Now, both he and my father have offered to let me have their tractors. You can never be too rich, too thin, or have enough tractors... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ I need a key to an Allis-Chalmers 5020... #7  
Well you could try an Agco dealer, they support Allis stuff. The name on my key is Yushin Seiki and the number is 5252 if that helps.