wiring diagram

/ wiring diagram #1  

original

rebuild a original Cadet , but need to know what wire goes where. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ wiring diagram #2  
Original,

Welcome to TBN!
Can you tell us which model and year Cub?

Brian

/ wiring diagram #3  
If it is an original, then it should all be there and unmolested.. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ wiring diagram #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If it is an original, then it should all be there and unmolested.. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

I don't know about that. I have the wiring on my 107 all disconnected (and marked!) and am ready to strip the loom so I can find the short (I hope! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif). I can assure you, it is original. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif If I see what I expect to see (rotted, unidentifiable insulation and copper wire) it's easy to understand "original's" predicament! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I have a Kohler service manual for my 107 motor that includes a crude wiring diagram. If original can post some more information about his cadet, I may be able to assist. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Now if the grass would stop growing and the fish would stop calling, I might be able to finish that job! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ wiring diagram #5  
If you have the wire harness out of the vehicle, then why not use a ohm meter to locate the broken wire and just add a new wire to the harness replacing that broken wire? It would be easier and faster than taking the harness apart to visually look for a broken wire. Most harness's use color coded wires, so you should be able to find both ends of the wire for testing. No need to make the job more difficult than it already is just getting the harness out. Use electrical tape to tape the new wire to the old harness and it will still look better than if you try to duplicate the old wire taping.

/ wiring diagram #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If you have the wire harness out of the vehicle, then why not use a ohm meter to locate the broken wire and just add a new wire to the harness replacing that broken wire? It would be easier and faster than taking the harness apart to visually look for a broken wire. Most harness's use color coded wires, so you should be able to find both ends of the wire for testing. No need to make the job more difficult than it already is just getting the harness out. Use electrical tape to tape the new wire to the old harness and it will still look better than if you try to duplicate the old wire taping. )</font>

That's a good idea. The problem is that I'm fairly certain based upon the harness that I've stripped so far that I'm dealing not with "a" bad wire, but rather two or more wires on which the cloth insulation has disintegrated and are now contacting each other. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif So, I've decided the only solution is to completely replace the wiring. But thanks for the suggestion anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fortunately, I just happen to have a roll of 10ga ignition wire that's been laying around for years just waiting for this job. I think I picked it up in a box of "treasure" at an auction somewhere. I just love it when I can say to Mrs "see, I told you I was gonna need that someday." /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ wiring diagram #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Fortunately, I just happen to have a roll of 10ga ignition wire that's been laying around for years just waiting for this job. I think I picked it up in a box of "treasure" at an auction somewhere. I just love it when I can say to Mrs "see, I told you I was gonna need that someday." /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )</font>

10 gauge???????? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Most wiring is usually 14 gauge for all but the starting circuit. Occasionally you will encounter a 12 gauge wire, but I can't remember seeing a 10 gauge wire on any garden tractor. I suggest that you check the wires for size and replace them with the same gauge wire. No need to make more work for yourself trying to hook up wire that is over sized and difficult to bend. If you are going to make a new harness, then get some different colored coated wire so in the future, it will be easy to trace the wires.

/ wiring diagram #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( Fortunately, I just happen to have a roll of 10ga ignition wire that's been laying around for years just waiting for this job. I think I picked it up in a box of "treasure" at an auction somewhere. I just love it when I can say to Mrs "see, I told you I was gonna need that someday." /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )</font>

10 gauge???????? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Most wiring is usually 14 gauge for all but the starting circuit. Occasionally you will encounter a 12 gauge wire, but I can't remember seeing a 10 gauge wire on any garden tractor. I suggest that you check the wires for size and replace them with the same gauge wire. No need to make more work for yourself trying to hook up wire that is over sized and difficult to bend. If you are going to make a new harness, then get some different colored coated wire so in the future, it will be easy to trace the wires. )</font>

Did I say 10 gauge? Don't know where that came from. You're right, of course. 14 gauge wire except for the starting circuit. Still trying to perfect this "multitasking" thing /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif