A rather big repair job!

/ A rather big repair job! #1  

MetalChicken

Bronze Member
Tractor
Case 4230
I know this isn't really a compact tractor, but it certainly is a repair story /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Click on the 'Case 4230 Rescue' link below for a little series of pictures showing how I got my latest 'mower' up and running.
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ A rather big repair job! #2  
Nice job, wonder what the car looked like.

/ A rather big repair job!
I dunno what the car looked like, but I know which vehicle I would have wanted to be in!

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ A rather big repair job! #4  
MetalChicken,

That is a very nice series of photos and a job well done!

I got curious and looked at you profile, as it's been my impression that land in England is very expensive. I guessed that with two large tractors you had lots of it. I see you have five acres, and guess I'll have to add you to my list of examples of how it tractor size really depends on the owner and what he wants. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Still, I wonder if you use your tractors to work land other than you own... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ A rather big repair job!
hi Henro,
Thanks for the comments. You're right, land is expensive here and it is a big tractor for what I need, but the total cost of the tractor was low /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You're thoughts made me think that others may be interested in the basic tractor usage differences between the UK and US so I've put my thoughts in this post on the owning/operating forum.

Right now I only do my own work, but would very much like to start a sideline of cutting other peoples paddocks at some time in the future. Much more fun than my computer business /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh yes, and I will be selling my 484 sometime soonish as I really can't justify two tractors!