Raising three point hitch jumpy

/ Raising three point hitch jumpy #1  

rickmacheske

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400 HST
I just purchased a new L3400. Used it for about 4 hours. Now when I raise the box blade it's very jumpy. Going down it's fine. What's wrong? Looks like the transmission fluid is low but still in the window when off. The manual doesn't say whether the engine is supposed to be hot or cold to check the fluid. BTW...where do I get the fluid?
Thanks,
Rick

/ Raising three point hitch jumpy #2  
You can check it hot or cold, shouldn't really make a difference. But you should not operate hydraulics until they fluid has warmed up.
If the fluid is a little low, you should raise the fluid level to where the manual recommends. I'm assuming you have a sight glass from what you've said, and the fluid should probably be about half way up in the window.
After you raise the level, operate all hydraulics through the full range of their operations. If you have a front end loader, operate the joystick through all of it's functions as well. This should remove any air in the system.
Check the fluid with all the cylinder retracted by the way, so that the fluid is in the reservoir, not out in the cylinders.
John

/ Raising three point hitch jumpy
When I start the tractor the fluid level indictor goes out of the window.

/ Raising three point hitch jumpy #4  
Check oil level with engine off. Should be in site gage when engine is cold or hot.
When raising a 3PH attachment push the control lever all the way up.
What RPM is the engine running when you raise 3PH?
All HST tractors from <font color="orange"> Kubota </font> are shipped with Super UDT. It is available from most dealers.

My father in law checked out the tractor today. He says that there is definitely something wrong with the hydrolic system. Looks like I'll call for service. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Raising three point hitch jumpy #6  
I had the same thing happen on my 3130 when it had less than 20 hrs. It turned out to be a bad 3ph control valve . It was covered under warranty and fixed in short order . John

Thanks for the help. I'll call the dealer today. Hopefully they can have it fixed quickly.
Rick

The dealer finally got around to looking at the tractor. He said that he called Kubota and they told him that it was NORMAL! It's definitely not normal. It was fairly smooth at first and now it moves the entire tractor violently. Any idea what to do? He said that he would look at it again..... Is there a number for Kubota that I can call?
Thanks!

He also mentioned that there is a different valve that they could install that would be smooth. Do you know anything about that. He didn't have detail other than a 360 or something like that....

/ Raising three point hitch jumpy #10  
My L3400, 30 hours, is also jumpy. I have not called the dealer yet. Was hoping that it was just because it was new and would smooth out. The FEL works very smooth. Lifting the 3ph from the ground to full up is smooth just when you try to release the dirt slowly from the BB it jumps 2-3" and leaves little "waves" behind. I then smooth it with chain link fence.

Did any get a "I'll call you next week and see how things are going" from their dealer and get the call. I even said that on my delivery survey when I filled it out over a month ago and have yet to hear any thing from the dealer or Kubota.