Flat Tires on 3Pt mower

/ Flat Tires on 3Pt mower #1  

RichNJKubota

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L4310HST
Went to do some mowing and one of the little tires on the rear mower was flat. This is after it's gone flat several times and I put slime into it.
Has anyone used that spray foam(Great Stuff) from Home Depot to fill small tires? I've got a can and would love to try it.
Thanks,
Rich
NJ

/ Flat Tires on 3Pt mower #2  
RichNJKubota,
I would doubt that foam would build enough density to carry much of a load. You might try a lo-tech test and check to see if the hardened stuff can support some weight. At least it wouldn't cost much to try that.
I think there's a reason real tire foam is expensive.

/ Flat Tires on 3Pt mower #3  
RichNJKubota

If you do very much mowing, the best thing for you to do is change your wheel, or wheels to laminated, or airplane tires. This will cost some money, but you will come out in the long run, and never have any flat tires again. I have got laminated tires on my rotary cutter. If I had tires that had air in them, I would be having flat tires all the time in the places that I mow.

Cabinholler

The water will never clear up, until you get the hogs out of the pond. (You got to find what the trouble is, and eliminate it).

/ Flat Tires on 3Pt mower #5  
Rich we used to get flats on our RFM all the time from thorns. I had them professionally foam filled, about 11 bucks each. No more flats for us and the tires carry the weight of the mower just like it did before the foam. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Flat Tires on 3Pt mower #6  
Our shp mechanic used that spray foam to fill the tires on our rollaway chain link gate. It had a tube.. he pulle dthe core and put a nail hole in the opposite side and filled it with the stem on the bottom till it ooze dout the top.

Not a 100% pro job.. but it lasted for over a year till someone hit the gate...

Soundguy

/ Flat Tires on 3Pt mower #8  
"I had them professionally foam filled"

I did this as well.. but over six seasons of use.. my tires are flatter then when they were first filled. I have to use all 4 spacers to get a decent height to mow. Has anyone else seen this.. the front filled tires on my tractor have seen a similiar loss of being fully filled.

/ Flat Tires on 3Pt mower #9  
I just put my second tube in one of my finish mower tires...this time I was actually smart enough to run my hand along the inside of the tire and remove the sharp metal piece that kept puncturing it....oops.

I would like to foam fill those tires myself, they get punctured way to easily.