Oil and Hyd Filter Crossreference

/ Oil and Hyd Filter Crossreference #1  

daveman

Bronze Member
Tractor
FarmTrac 360DTC
Does anyone have a good link to a cross reference for the oil and hyd. filters. I'm running a FarmTrac 360 DTC W/TLB package. Just hit the breakin hours so I went to by the filters from the dealer. $12.50 for the spin on oil filter and $26.40 for the Hyd spin on. Then another customer there said he can get his from NAPA at half the price. But our local NAPA store didn't have a cross reference with the numbers off the Mitsubishi filters. (The tractor has a 4cyl Mitsubishi Diesel .) Any help would be appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Oil and Hyd Filter Crossreference #2  
NAPA filters are WIX , so if you can cross to a WIX NAPA can get you the filter.
The cartridge filter for my old IH is 10.99 at NAPA. Not too cheap.

Ben

/ Oil and Hyd Filter Crossreference #3  
Try fram.com
or other filter sites.. Don't laugh.. they have a pretty decent cross over tool/application chart.

once you get the fram number.. you can get it crossed to napa.

Carquest has a crossover page as well.

Soundguy

/ Oil and Hyd Filter Crossreference #4  
laugh about Fram filters ? not me, been using the garbage filter things for 30 years and no internal engine problems yet.
I do use a Napa filter on my old IH, just because it is easiest to get from Napa, wally world type places do not have a filter for my tractor.

Ben

/ Oil and Hyd Filter Crossreference #5  
I use this cross-reference link. http://www.filtermart.com/fpdb/fmccross.asp It SOMETIMES goes in to more detail with some filters. Then I'll take the info to NAPA OR WIX sites and go from there. I've never made a purchase from Filtermart but do like their info.

/ Oil and Hyd Filter Crossreference #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ...our local NAPA store didn't have a cross reference with the numbers off the Mitsubishi filters. )</font>

daveman,
You need another store then. A long time ago, I worked parts and if a customer came in with numbers that you couldn't cross, you might as well just quit and go home. The job, to me, was to find out how you could help the customer. You never sent a customer away empty-handed. Even if that meant using your competitor's resources or literature for the cross-reference.

My, how lazy the "modern" parts man sounds.

/ Oil and Hyd Filter Crossreference
I never blame the store for the first inquiry. But when I've gone back many times they have done their research and have the information. I used to have trouble getting parts for the old chevy truck. Then after continually bugging them about it. The owner and his son, Who now runs the place, Always made a point to get the parts for me. I would just call in advance and warn them with what I need and when I would be in to pick it up. Couple times the parts weren't in when I got there so they brought them to the house and dropped them off. (No Charge I might add!) That's also why I go to NAPA more often than the Auto superstores. Plus I like supporting the little guy when I can. Although I do still by my oils and other stuff from Wally. They can't beet there prices on that sort of items. And I don't expect them to!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Oil and Hyd Filter Crossreference #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I never blame the store for the first inquiry. )</font>
daveman,
You should, after all it's their best chance to make a good impression.
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( But when I've gone back many times they have done their research and have the information. I used to have trouble getting parts for the old chevy truck. Then after continually bugging them about it. )</font>
You shouldn't have to "bug" them about it. If they know their business, they should always try to cultivate new customers. In the parts business, this is done by knowing your resources for odd/old stuff, and being able to act on that knowledge as soon as it is requested. (This is how MY parts store would run /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

Just my $0.02.

/ Oil and Hyd Filter Crossreference
Well all maybe so. But when one of the few intown you tend to tolerate shortcomings abit! : /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif After Autozone put stores 5 miles either direction from NAPA. Just trying to help keep them open. What little bit I can. Everything I ever ordered at "The ZONE" for my old truck took 10 days to get! If it was the right part when it got there. And forget Tractor parts /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif. But that's why they are "Autozone" I guess. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

By he way the "Cab without AC " comment is a good one! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Oil and Hyd Filter Crossreference #10  
Nope, I don't care too much for ozone parts either. And you're right to give the small guy business if you can. Those chains are hard to compete with.