Default Not starting

Tractor: kubota B2100 - Hydro.

I have just been out to start the tractor and when I turn the key, nothing. Dash lights are on; hi-low speed lever is in neutral, and foot flat down on clutch pedal. Still nothing. Not a whisper.

Checked the fuses, all OK.

Anyone any ideas where I should start looking or what I should be doing? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Veteran Member

Default Re: Not starting

First, welcome to TBN!!!!

Not familiar with your particular tractor but check a couple more things.

Are all the PTO levers and stuff disengaged? Sounds like a safety switch issue.

Brian

Tractor
    John Deere 790

PTO dis-engaged? Battery fully charged? If all is normal there, I'd check the various safety switches (under seat etc.). Any way to measure current? See if it's getting to starter etc.

Good luck [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the welcome. It's nice to feel wanted.

"Sounds like a safety switch issue". That is exactly what it sounds like to me. Can you pass-by these switches?

Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    kubota b2400- R4 tires

check all the levers, move them back and forth, just might be one of them is not exactly in the right position. sure sounds like a safety swithch

Tractor
    TN70D, 4wd, 16x16 trans

If you have a meter and the safety switches all seem to check out then see if you get voltage to the starter when you try to crank it.

I would then check the battery. It may indicate 12V, but not be able to produce enough current. This may be because it is dead or because it lost charge.
    Easy way is to jump it and see if you can start it that way.

If it does start then check the altenator. Its should produce ~14V at the battery when running to properly charge the battery.

Fred

It appears that the problem was that the fast/slow PTO lever - not the in/out lever - was not sitting back quite far enough. This caused yet another safety device to kick in. Just a tweak on the adjuster, and a good squirt of WD 40, cured the problem. Couldn't start quick enough, in fact.

Thank you all for your help. I was on the verge of becoming a tad stressed.