Gear Box

/ Gear Box #1  

RedRocker

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST, dual remotes, FEL.
Where might I find a 4:1 PTO gearbox? Not having much luck on the web.

/ Gear Box #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Where might I find a 4:1 PTO gearbox? Not having much luck on the web. )</font>

Don't know for sure, but isn't that about the reduction on a post-hole digger gearbox? Do you want to reduce the PTO rpm or increase it by 4? That's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head.

/ Gear Box
Hey Jim, I want to increase it by 4 to turn an alternator for my welder.

/ Gear Box #4  
Are you looking for new or used? If used look for a old peanut shaker preferable a paulk. I have one in treasure pile but you are a long way for here. If you want it come get it. Ill help you take it off.

/ Gear Box
Now that's a tempting offer, maybe I can enlist a friend closer to you, what's the nearest town?

/ Gear Box #6  
I'd look for more like a 6.x:1 .. like a pto generator on a 3600rpm head might use... Common enough gearbox..

Soundguy

/ Gear Box #7  
I've often wondered if you could take a PHD gearbox and power the auger side and use the PTO side to power a generator. Maybe the gearbox couldn't take the speed???

/ Gear Box #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I've often wondered if you could take a PHD gearbox and power the auger side and use the PTO side to power a generator. Maybe the gearbox couldn't take the speed??? )</font>

After making that suggestion, I did a little more research and found that most PHD gearboxes are a little over 3:1. That's not high enough for RedRocker's application anyhow. I think you might be right though. There might not be enough oil to cool the gears if you ran that gearbox backwards. For short bursts, it would probably be okay, but for a continual running generator/alternator/welder application, I'm not sure.

/ Gear Box #9  
these guy's will have it, be sure to order a catalog, theve got some of everything

www.surpluscenter.com