UTB Universal tractors

/ UTB Universal tractors #1  

Dave_Bunk

I am living in Belize Central America and have inherited a 4 cyl diesel, 4 wd UTB tractor. The hyd cylinder for the front steering is gone. Anyone know of a supplier online for these tractors? I have been doing a search for a while with no leads. Thanks for any assistance. Dave /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ UTB Universal tractors #2  
I can't tell you for sure, but if my memory is right. UTBs are rebadged Massey Fergusons. If you have a Massey dealer, you might try them. Do you have a picture that we could see? It might help to identify your tractor.

/ UTB Universal tractors
No they were made in Romania and were designed by Fiat. Many were imported into Canada and it was a group of Canadians who established the camp where I live now. The people who owned it before said they got parts the last time from Canada but cannot remember where. I checked their website but is is no longer active. It has a Frey front bucket loader, but everything else is original I think. Thanks for the info, and I will try to poast a pic. Is there an easy way to do so? I have a digital camera. Thanks Dave /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ UTB Universal tractors #4  
Which one of the letter brands is it that is a rebadged MF?

/ UTB Universal tractors #5  
<font color="blue"> Is there an easy way to do so? I have a digital camera. Thanks Dave </font>

If you don't have it, download a free copy of IrFanview < click on link

1) Make sure you open your photo with Irfanview.
2) Click on image in the upper left and look for resize/resample and click. Another window will open.
3) Where the blue highlight is (width), change that to 700 or less and click OK.
4) Now click on file (upper left) and go to "save as" and another window will open. You should see another blue highlight for file name. Keep that file name and put a (-1) after it. (example: Tractor....>> Tractor-1) Doing this lets you keep your original photo.
5) Click OK.
6) Your new resized photo should be ready to post on TBN located where ever you saved it to. If it's still a little to big, use the original photo and change the 700 to say 650 and try that. SAVE THAT PHOTO AS TRACTOR-2. Hope this helps.

A little trial and error plus some practice and you should be all set. That's how I learned, trial and error. Feel free to PM me anytime. Good luck.

/ UTB Universal tractors #6  
Dave,
UTB Universal tractors were sold under name LONG in USA. So, best will be to ask them. Is the tractor blue or red?

/ UTB Universal tractors #7  
Jerry,
You mixed them with IMT, made in ex Yugoslavia.

/ UTB Universal tractors #8  
ZJ,
That's right. I thought something didn't sound right. Thanks

/ UTB Universal tractors #9  
Bailey can supply you with a custom made cylinder or one of their in stock cylinders. Contact information is on their web site.

Bailey web site

/ UTB Universal tractors
It is a red tractor. I have been searching the web for Long tractors and came up blank except for a few discussion boards talking about them. Any other ideas on parts suppliers? Thanks Dave /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif