3 pt long backhoe

/ 3 pt long backhoe #1  

diggerman

Tractor
135MF ,265MF, 820 belarus
I need to find a pump for the pto bracket or a new pump with bracket . I have looked all over and can't find parts for my long backhoe model 1199A it was made in the USA . I was thinking of buying a pto pump for a different backhoe if I can't find the one made for a long . I hope you guys can help me find the pump that fits the long pto bracket. I sent the pump away and they could not get one they said but I want to make sure because they wanted to sell me a pto pump but the cost is like 3-4 times the cost of a pump.thanks

/ 3 pt long backhoe #2  
Id got to a pump shop that also sold other pump brands. When I worked for Hydraulic Analysis they made GearTech pumps. They had 3 or 4 sizes of motors and pumps but they had differnt mounts that distingished them. Mostly we had what fit often though we made custom mounts for the customer. I usually have a few used pumps in the shop when someone needs one Ill take my pump and mke them a mount for theres tractor, im pretty good at guessin the size and capacit of them.

/ 3 pt long backhoe #3  
I have a Long 1199 (no "A" in the model #, though) and it has a Cross brand pump and gearbox to gear it faster than the PTO speed. I'm not sure what you're referring to as the bracket, but would be glad to share casting #'s, etc. . I actually got in touch with a real person at Cross for a question I had so maybe they can provide what you need.

/ 3 pt long backhoe
By bracket I meant gearbox that gears it faster than the PTO speed .I sent the pump away and they could not find one .Here is a pic of the gearbox does it look the same .If it is I would be grateful for any help finding a pump.

Attachments

• 718655-gearbox2.jpg
    718655-gearbox2.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 1,188
   / 3 pt long backhoe
here is the back

Attachments

• 718663-gearbox back.JPG
    718663-gearbox back.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 794
   / 3 pt long backhoe #6  
Mine doesn't look like that. Yours appears to be steel, mine is cast aluminum and the mounting holes for the pump are spread as wide as the diameter of the drive gear. There are other differences that I won't go into unless you need more detail.

/ 3 pt long backhoe
Would you know where to buy your gearbox and pump . I might have to buy a new one for mine if I can't find a pump.

/ 3 pt long backhoe #8  
Unless you can find one at a used equipment/parts dealer or on ebay, Cross is the only place I would know to go. I would imagine that a complete gearbox/pump might be pricy if bought new. Here is a link to the Cross homepage and phone number. http://www.crossfluidpower.com/

I suspect you would need to know your back hoe's hydraulic requirements before they can fit you with a gearbox and pump.

Like I said earlier, I talked to their tech department and they were very customer oriented. If you need casting numbers off my unit I'll get them for you

/ 3 pt long backhoe #9  
I'm also in need of a hydraulic pump for my long 1199 3 pt hitch backhoe. My hydraulic pump is actuallly OK, it's the larger, yellow, cast iron, gear pump that slides over the pto shaft and onto which the smaller hydraulic pump attaches, i need to replace.
I contacted Cross fluidpower (as suggested above) and they said they dont sell pumps. "and that i might try Cross Mechanics in Kansas". I have not been able to locate them online.
Diggerman, could you tell me what you eventually did to locate a pump..
OR, can anyone out there tell me what might work.
thanks

/ 3 pt long backhoe #10  
you can buy pump 540rpm right from prince,or the surplus sales catalog ranges are from 7 gals per min to 21 gals per min:D