843 bobcat

/ 843 bobcat #1  

levidossAK

Tractor
Bobcat 843B
I was being foolish with my Bobcat. I was lifting with a home made 8' stinger. I had the stinger parallel with the ground. I knew it was too much weight but i lifted anyway. It lifted about a foot off the ground and then there was a big bang, then it fell to the ground. Would you suspect the problem is my cylinder? I would wait to talk to my Bobcat dealer but they won't be available until Monday and I need it on Sunday. Any ideas would be great.

/ 843 bobcat #2  
Welcome to TBN. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Things will break… /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I’m guessing you checked the quick tach locks. Also the cylinder and rod ends, I’ve seen them fail and break off. I would think you have something external… If not check the cylinders. You didn’t say if lift and curl functions are still working. KennyV.

/ 843 bobcat
My lift is still working but my curl is not. The curl moves close fairly freely if I press it a against something. I can push the ram in manually but it comes back out on its own.

/ 843 bobcat
The threads stripped on the end of the ram, the nut had been backing off for a while. The ram was bent so I put it on a press and ran it 3/8 past center. It's back in action.

/ 843 bobcat #6  
Thanks for posting back with the problem/fix. There are a few that have a problem, then never hear about again.
I’m glad your fix was comparatively easy. (you should be able to lift a load that will lift the back of your bobcat off the ground, and not hurt the curl cylinder). KennyV.