Tractor
    Bobcat 843B

Default 843 bobcat

I was being foolish with my Bobcat. I was lifting with a home made 8' stinger. I had the stinger parallel with the ground. I knew it was too much weight but i lifted anyway. It lifted about a foot off the ground and then there was a big bang, then it fell to the ground. Would you suspect the problem is my cylinder? I would wait to talk to my Bobcat dealer but they won't be available until Monday and I need it on Sunday. Any ideas would be great.

Veteran Member
    Kansas, Butler county, Just east of DooDah
    Tractor
    Kubota L4200 GSTCA

Default Re: 843 bobcat

Welcome to TBN. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
    Things will breakÖ [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    Iím guessing you checked the quick tach locks. Also the cylinder and rod ends, Iíve seen them fail and break off. I would think you have something externalÖ If not check the cylinders. You didnít say if lift and curl functions are still working. KennyV.

Tractor
    Bobcat 843B

My lift is still working but my curl is not. The curl moves close fairly freely if I press it a against something. I can push the ram in manually but it comes back out on its own.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4200 GSTCA

Check for oil leakingÖ you may have broke a hose or fitting.. KennyV.

Tractor
    Bobcat 843B

The threads stripped on the end of the ram, the nut had been backing off for a while. The ram was bent so I put it on a press and ran it 3/8 past center. It's back in action.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4200 GSTCA

Thanks for posting back with the problem/fix. There are a few that have a problem, then never hear about again.
    Iím glad your fix was comparatively easy. (you should be able to lift a load that will lift the back of your bobcat off the ground, and not hurt the curl cylinder). KennyV.