Do I need to bleed my Hydraulics and How?

/ Do I need to bleed my Hydraulics and How? #1  

Iplayfarmer

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1215, Case 801B
As I posted in another thread, I had my tractor, including the hydraulic system, torn apart for almost a month. It's all back together again, but now what do I do with the hydraulic system?

I drained at least a gallon of fluid. After putting new fluid in, do I need to bleed the system? How do I do this?

I've got a 3 point hitch and an aftermarket front end loader that run off the hydraulic system.

/ Do I need to bleed my Hydraulics and How? #2  
You don't do anything different than when you change your hyd fluid & filter.
Just fire it up and run everything through their paces. Any air in the system will work its way out.

/ Do I need to bleed my Hydraulics and How?
I was hoping someone would say that.

/ Do I need to bleed my Hydraulics and How? #4  
Gday, Just something else to add, Both the loader and the 3 point hitch have single acting rams so make sure both are at their lowest position befor topping up the hydraulic oil.
If you have a hydraulic ram on your bucket then this is double acting so it dousent matter what position it is in, It wont affect the oil level.

Cheers
Roscoe

Single acting? Double acting?

Maybe I understand this wrong.

I know I can lift the front tires off the ground by tipping the bucket down and then putting the lift arms all the way down. I thought this could only be done with a double acting ram.

Help me out. What's the difference?

/ Do I need to bleed my Hydraulics and How? #6  
Most likely only the 3ph is single. Doesn't have "power down" does it?

No power down.