hydraulics went dead

/ hydraulics went dead #1  

dirtydigger

Hi, Im new to the forum and a brand new owner of a 863 bobcat, anyway, I was running it today for a bit and all the sudden the hydraulics just quite on me, I had a look at the hydrostatic fluid dipstick and it was empty.
It looked like there was fluid spilling out of the fill cap area because there was fluid around the hole and a stream running down the side of the bobcat.
So Im assuming and hoping that all I have to do is fill up the fluid, it looks like it holds about 15 litres, is it possible that the fluid emptied out of the fill cap area, and what damage could have been caused from that.
Any help or tipas would be great, thanks

/ hydraulics went dead #2  
Well, you would normally get some suggestions from all the knowledgeabe folks here. I don't have an answer for you, but if something is causing your oil to blow out the filler cap, refilling it will confirm it.

Welcome to the board, I hope you have a long and enjoyable stay.

Keep us informed on the solution to your problem

/ hydraulics went dead
all fixed , had a leak in the filler cap of the hydro fluid so I ran out and everything went dead, filled it up and away I went,

/ hydraulics went dead #5  
As you are probably aware, the breather hydraulic fluid caps have a limited life span of 500 hours and should then be replaced.
Steve

/ hydraulics went dead
Its my first bobcat which I have only had for about 3 weeks so Im a true begginner and still hava allot to learn, can anyone help me on the steering linkage problem that I have, the hand controls are unequal so it wants to go to one side, I hope its a small fix that maybe I can do myself