Pinhole fuel line leak

/ Pinhole fuel line leak #1  

JRobyn

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330HST
Anyone ever have any success with patching a pinhole leak in a rigid fuel line? I was thinking that JB Weld might hold up to diesel well enough to do the job.

/ Pinhole fuel line leak #2  
Rigid line.. is this a suction line, a charge pump line.. or a post injector pump line.

In all cases.. you could remove and braze up, and build it up and it should hold... if it were a suction leak.. I'd clean it up and jb it and watch it. If it were a charge line from pickup pump to injector pump.. I might do the same.. but again.. I'd prefer replacement on presurized lines, or brazing.. if I had the option.

I would not trust the jb on an injector line.

Also.. remember.. presurized diesel under the skin = horrible injuries.. use a piece of cardboard when looking for presurized hyd line leaks or fuel line leaks.

Soundguy

/ Pinhole fuel line leak #3  
Just don't put JB on it then take it somewhere to be brazed, I always hated trying to fix stuff people had globbed epoxy all over. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Pinhole fuel line leak #4  
Another "fix" is to repair with rubber hose. Take a piece of hose that is the same diameter or slightly smaller and is about 2 inches long and slice it lengthwise. Wrap this around the leak section. Put two hose clamps over the actual hole remembering to keep the clamps oppisite one another. I have "fixed" many water lines this way.

/ Pinhole fuel line leak #5  
I would go to a parts store and purchase a piece of steel brake line and make a new section.. Or cut out the defective section and use a flaring tool and put in a short piece or buy the small copper crimp on type connectors.
Richard

/ Pinhole fuel line leak #6  
ust don't put JB on it then take it somewhere to be brazed,
//

Amen, rocker, spend more time on cleaniing that fixing.

Braze or replace is my recommendation.

Ben

/ Pinhole fuel line leak #7  
OK, Im dealing with a tiny pinhole leak on a line going from tank to engine. The leak is close to the tank and i dont think it has very much pressure, I was thinking of cleaning, then roughing the surface and adding a dab of jb and cover with a cu peace of copper tube with seam at opposite side of course, then hose clamp the bajeebies out of it as it dries. does anyone think this will be an effective fix?

/ Pinhole fuel line leak #8  
I have used that method and it has always worked for me.

/ Pinhole fuel line leak #9  
what kind of line.. what kind of fuel

/ Pinhole fuel line leak #10  
If you can access the line with tools, simply cut the line where the pinhole is and use a compression coupling (one that uses ferrules so you don't have to flare) to put it back together. It will hold pressure and no need to cut any portion of the line out or add clamps or, shudder, JB Weld :(