Parker 6600 series QC

/ Parker 6600 series QC #1  

BobQ

Silver Member
My front loader uses Parker 6600 series quick disconects, I want to pick up a male end to put on a pressure guage, so as to have a quick way to check hydraulic pressure.

Where can I get the male end? I would rather get one locally as oposed to mail order.

Thanks Bob

/ Parker 6600 series QC #2  
Parker 6600 QC are compatible with SafeWay Couplers. Click Here
If you have a TSC store near. They should have the ones you need. Most Farm stores and Graingers also carry them.

/ Parker 6600 series QC
Thanks for the cross link! I went to TSC and they had one QC on the self, very poor stock. Would a JD or Kubota dealer stock them? Now that I have a beter cross link, I can call around! I also Have a grainger not too far away!

Thanks Bob

/ Parker 6600 series QC #4  
Any place that sells/repairs hydraulic equipment would probably have couplers or can get the right one for you. I would check tractor dealers, Napa auto parts stores, and even let my fingers do the walking in the Yellow pages for hydraulic places.

/ Parker 6600 series QC #5  
you do not wount to plug a gauge direct to a pump. It could blow up the pump. you can tee into the pressure line to get a reading. Larry

/ Parker 6600 series QC #6  
Larry, Plugging the gauge into a port and operating the lever to check the pressure will not harm the pump, That is what the relief valve is for. In my JD Technical manual it tells you to do exactly that to check the relief valve operating pressure.
If you T'ed the gauge in, you would still have to operate the cylinder till it stopped and the system went into relief to get a accurate pressure reading.
If you left the gauge in and continue to operate the lever for extended periods of time, then damage could result from overheated oil, but to take a quick pressure check no harm will be done.

/ Parker 6600 series QC #7  
You are right about pluging it in to a work port. I was thinking about the supply line to the valve. Larry

/ Parker 6600 series QC
Thanks for all the help!

I am now educated on these couplers! I cobbled up a guage from the scrap box and checked the pressure, it was dead on, I guess that was a waist of time.

Thanks for all the help!

Bob

/ Parker 6600 series QC #9  
<font color="blue"> it was dead on, I guess that was a waist of time. </font>
I do not know if it's a waste of time. When you find that you cannot pickup a heavy load. You will know that your tractor is doing all it can do. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif