Tractor
    Case DX45 Cab, Case JX95 Cab, Case 5140 Cab w/FEL

Default NH liftarm w/ broken flex-end catch

Hi.

One of the liftarms on my 1995 NH 3930 has a flex-end that recently started extending all by itself under load (boxblade). Upon inspection, the roll-pin looking thing on the catch-mechanism (that indexes a hole facing inward, toward the PTO shaft) seems to have broken away.

Does anyone have any wisdom to share on this before I attempt repairs uninformed?

Thanks,

MK

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC40D

Default Re: NH liftarm w/ broken flex-end catch

I replaced both of the roll pins with hardened bolts, washers and locknuts. Not having great access to lock nuts (I wanted something better than those nylock type) I simply squeezed a couple of regular, but grade 5, I think, nuts and then also used locktite. The problem I had with the roll pins is that nothing holds the saddle-type assembly from spreading slightly, and then sand and gravel got in between the arm and the mechanism and really bound things up. I think I used 5/16" or 3/8" bolts and had to slightly drill out the holes.

Tractor
    Case DX45 Cab, Case JX95 Cab, Case 5140 Cab w/FEL

Default Re: NH liftarm w/ broken flex-end catch

Thanks djradz, That fix makes sense to me. I'm going to try it.

Regards, MK