cheng shin turf tires

/ cheng shin turf tires #1  

djg

Bronze Member
Tractor
kubota B6200HST-D
I am looking for replacement turf tires for my old Kubota. Specialtytirestore.com has the right sizes for a good price in the cheng shin brand. Does anyone have advice or experience with this vendor and/or this brand? Thanks.

/ cheng shin turf tires #2  
Not with their tractor tires, but when I was really hard up for cash some years ago, I tried their motorcycle tires and was not happy with them. There's a reason they're cheaper than other brands, and why motorcyclists call them "Cheap S**t".
To be fair, maybe their quality has improved since then, maybe they are no longer manufactured in the Chinese Gulag, and maybe a tractor is a non-critical application where you could afford to skimp on tires - but I wouldn't ever buy them again for anything.

/ cheng shin turf tires
I wouldn't put them on my motorcycles either, but while sitting around looking at 1/2" of snow, I did some internet research. Cheng Shin manufactures the Maxxis brand, I believe this is an OEM tractor tire. Cheng Shin/Toyo is supplying OEM tires to GM, if you can believe what you read on the internet. Things change. Anyway, I just ordered two front tires for my tractor from another even cheaper source. I will post the results here at TBN.

/ cheng shin turf tires #4  
I had the same experience as Pete, I tried some Cheng Shen on a Honda Shadow. I will say this, they were hard to wear out. But they gripped like oil on ice. Not good on a two wheeled machine. If their Tractor tires are like that, you will get years of service out of them. But, I also believe (now) that you get what you pay for in life.