Trailering?

/ Trailering? #11  
I can lift all four tires off the ground when the trailer is unhitched (and empty) by lowering the tongue jack all the way down and blocking up the very back of the trailer. When I raise the jack all the way, the wheels are free. I do that for maintenance usually (like tire rotation when I want all of them up), but would probably use one of the other methods on the road. The only time I had a flat the trailer was empty and I just drove the good wheel up on some boards to raise the bad wheel.

Think about it now, because you *will* have a flat someday, and I bet you won't be in your driveway.

- Just Gary

/ Trailering? #12  
I have a 20' tilt bed trailer. I cut through the head banger bar across the front of the trailer deck and made my own support frame to mount a TSC box to hold my winch, straps, chains etc. It's about 6-8" above the a-frame arms (at deck height) so it does not interfere with the WD brackets or the hydraulic jack that tilts the bed. I have to loosen the WD hitch chains before jacking the bed up and an a-frame mounted box would have been right in the way so I thought this was the best way to go. Pic of my setup is in members photos. Hope it gives others some ideas.

/ Trailering? #14  
Darn nice setup. Do you have some kind of divider to keep stuff away from the winch and battery?

/ Trailering? #15  
Not familiar with the member's photos area.

I'm melting.... need instant gratification...... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I know, I could go on a quest to find your photos.

/ Trailering? #16  
<font color="blue"> I'm melting.... need instant gratification...... </font> /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Try this link to his photo album. Click Here
Hate to see a TBNer suffer. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Trailering? #17  
Thanks so much. I took a long look at the winch box. That is a real handy addition coming from a guy who has come-a-longed a '65 station wagon onto his trailer.

Anybody have a similar project for a spare tire mount? Thanks.

/ Trailering?
George: That's a great looking trailer & winch setup you've got there! It certainly gives me some ideas.
Thanks!
Jon /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Trailering? #19  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Anybody have a similar project for a spare tire mount? Thanks. )</font>

Since you can tack metal together, you might look here for some ideas carriers Doesn't require a whole bunch, but locking ones are nice.

/ Trailering? #20  
Ooooh, I like that #75 and really the price is right. Maybe I should swing by a marine place and see some of these in person. They sure look simple to make.