Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Task Master 432E

Default Banjo on my knee

Hi all, hope everyone had a very merry Christmas. I have a quick question on banjo fittings. I am in the process of designing (thinking about) putting in a TnT. In looking at the way in which the dealer plumbed my tractor for the fel and bh, it's a mess. Hoses running all over the place with 180' turns. The worst one is the return line to the sump which has a banjo fitting on it.

Finally the question, are banjo fittings engineered to provide some sort of "flow control" or maintaining back pressure whereby if you changed it out to a regular open fitting you'd mess up the hydraulics?

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom.

Happy New Year all!!!

David

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Ford 3000

Default Re: Banjo on my knee

Sounds like our tractors were plumbed by the same guy cept mine is 30 years old. I just removed every line and fitting, re-engineered the layout, measured all hose lengths and 200 bucks later to DiscountHydraulicHose.com it looks like somebody actually cares [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Shouldn't be any problem replacing the banjo with a standard fitting if the threads are the same. Thinking you will need an O-ring boss fitting that fits the hole. These seal via an O-ring outside the threads kinda like the banjo fitting.

Hope this helps

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Task Master 432E

Default Re: Banjo on my knee

Thanks Bob for the information.