Ber-vac snowblower part wanted, need help!

/ Ber-vac snowblower part wanted, need help! #1  

bassontap

Hi, I have a Ber-vac snowblower attachment for my Wheelhorse tractor, Ber-vac model W0246D and I'm having problems finding a simple part for it. It's a cap that has falling off and got lost, now it leaks fluid from the front differetial and my best attempts at fixing it have failed. I contacted the dealer that sold it to me, we have found the part number in a parts book but can't find the part. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

/ Ber-vac snowblower part wanted, need help! #3  
I'm not familiar with that particular snowblower,
but is there any chance there is a seal under that cap
somewhere that is the real culprit with your leak? It doesn't sound right that a simple cap would also be the seal on the gearbox.. but like I said, I'm not familiar with that particular snowblower..
let us know how you make out

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Ber-vac snowblower part wanted, need help! #4  
I also own a bervac blower.

If your gearbox is like mine, the filler plug is merely a 3/8" or 1/2" npt pipe plug available from a plumbing supply house.

The other 'plug' ( a 2" or so disc) would be what is known as a 'frost plug' and available from an auto supply house.
These are domed and you simply insert in the macheened hole and bop them with a hammer to expand them into place.

Either part would cost less than $2.00.

/ Ber-vac snowblower part wanted, need help!
Piloon, thanks for the reply, yes it is the "frost plug" as you put it. There is a brass bushing behind it that wants to walk out without his cap. It also leaks oil or gear lube with what I have as a cap on it now. I will try to get a frost plug from an auto parts store and let you know how it works. Thanks