SHIBAURA SD4000A 4WD Front drive axel binds up

/ SHIBAURA SD4000A 4WD Front drive axel binds up #1  

gmacik

Tractor
SHIBAURA SD4000A
The front drive axel will bind up and then pop. It does it in both 2 and 4 wheel drive. It does not bind in a turn.
Any suggestions on correcting the problem.

/ SHIBAURA SD4000A 4WD Front drive axel binds up #2  
Check fluid, or replace with Mobil 1 75-90. This may cure your problem. Other than that, a complete tear down may be needed. Sounds like the gears have been running dry, or tractor used extremely hard. How many hours on it? Have you ever used chains on the tires? Front? Rear? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Need more info.

/ SHIBAURA SD4000A 4WD Front drive axel binds up
As far as I know the gear has not been ran dry. I can not verify that the tractor has been worked hard. I have not put chains on tires but one of the individuals that has used to tractor has on both front and rear. He got it bottomed out in mud and standing water. We got three other stuck trying to get it out. After finely getting it out I drain the front wheels at the hubs and greased and changed the lub.
The front drive has one spot that it gets into a bind going forward. My next move is to pull right front axel and check the gears.
I emailed SHIBAURA in Japan but they did not have a repair manual and could not give me any information.
I am thinking that may be any manual for a SHIBAURA 4 wd tractor might provide me with some information about the repairs needed.