TC29 Wheel Weights

/ TC29 Wheel Weights #1  

bigroccrek

Tractor
TC29D & 1952 Ford 8N
I have a TC29 and I need some more weight in the rear. When I use the box blade and it fills up with dirt I have to engage FWD since the back tires tend to spin. I don't want to put water in the tires. I called the NH dealer and they want $400 for a set of weights(105 lbs) Are there any other manfacturer's wheel weights (cheaper?) that will fit the TC29?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 806129-tractors.jpg
    806129-tractors.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 311
   / TC29 Wheel Weights #2  
Yes, there are some cheaper than that for sure!! I sent you a PM to give you an idea.

/ TC29 Wheel Weights #3  
If you can pull the box blade just by engaging 4wd, why do yo think you need more weight? You're getting the job done without it so why would more weight be better? Just curious, I may learn something here. Thanks.

/ TC29 Wheel Weights
Toolguy,

As you can see from the pics I also have a ford 8n. I have had it for 15 years and it always met the needs, but I felt it was time for a newer tractor. I just don't think I should have to put the extra strain (using FWD) on the tractor to do road grading. Also, when I fill the bucket the Tractor gets a little light in the caboose.

THanks

/ TC29 Wheel Weights #5  
That makes sense. The extra weight will definitely make the rear end feel more stable. Have you thought about loading the rears with fluid? It is a lot cheaper than cast iron. I have Rim Guard in the rear tires of my Kubota B3030. Both dealers that I shopped said they always include the loaded tires when selling a tractor with a FEL. I know that your New Holland is a heavier tractor for the horsepower than the Kubota model that I have. Even so, unless you use it to mow lawn I think you will like more weight. On the other hand, I also don't think you need to worry about straining the tractor by using 4WD. They are designed for it. And I did notice tha 8N. Nice. I spent a lot of time on one them as a farm kid. Kid's today have dirt bikes, skateboards, BMX bikes, video games. etc. I had an 8N. I think the kids today are deprived. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Enjoy your NH. They are good tractors.