f525 deere

/ f525 deere #1  

tsnud

I just got a f525 1998 deere front mower with a 17hp Kawasaki. it has 1000 hrs on it. It seems like it is very slow. Are these tractors slow? When I put the pto on the engine bogs down to almost a stall. Is this normal? It also is hard to start when it is cold. i have a 14hp and it neede new valves, and now it starts right up, but it was a 1985 160. Any help would be great.

/ f525 deere #2  
I have a F735, A little bigger than your F525. It takes a lot to get the mower started. give it a few extra RPMs when engaging mower.
My mower was slow. Found that HST pedal has 2 bolts that connect linkage under footrest. The bolts were not tight and allowed pedal to hit footrest before full speed could be reached. Loosen the bolts up and push pedal toward rear of mower. Then tighten bolts.
I am assuming that engine and drive is in good shape. Have you checked the mower gearbox and spindles to make sure they turn free and are lubricated.

/ f525 deere
the mower gearbox and spindles move freely. I will check the pedal linkage. Thanks

/ f525 deere #5  
The manual says they go 5 mph forward and 2.5 mph reverse. The throttle cable has adjustments at both ends. They are hard to start when cold. I find that it helps to wait a 10 count between each 10 count of cranking. Ours usually starts on the second 10 count of cranking.

Chris