Tractor
    ih 574

Default winch Warn 4700

I bought this winch from northern about 18 months ago. Now it will not power in. Powers out fine. Power in it just clicks does not move. Drum is free with clutch disingaged. What have I done. I used it to winch truck onto my gooseneck. It worked to load last one. Went to use it again. Nothing

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    7275 Cub Cadet

Default Re: winch Warn 4700

Sounds like a bad solenoid. Check the solenoid current. It could also be dirty connections at the solenoid or motor connections.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Long/Landtrac360DTC

I second the solenoid idea. I have a Warn M8000 that the power in stopped working. I switched the leads to restore the power in so I could finish the job I was doing, then bought 4 new solenoids and made a new control box. The solenoids cost me about $100, The local dealer quoted me around $300 for a new controller. Make sure you get heavy duty solenoids, rated at 100% duty cycle, like the ones used in the power circuits for RV's or large camping trailers.

Tractor
    ih 574

Ill try that.I sure hate a comalong.