Tractor
    New Holland

Default Eaton 2-spool valve question.

I used this 2-spool valve for my top and tilt set-up. What does the relief valve on this valve relieve? Is it relief for the work ports off that valve, or does it provide relief for everything down-stream from that valve?

The reason I ask, is that this valve is supplied from the power-beyond port from the loader joystick. The power-beyond from the Eaton valve then supplies the 3pth/Backhoe connection. I was wondering if the relief on the Eaton valve is set lower than the main system, then will it affect the breakout force of the backhoe?

2 SPOOL 5 GPM EATON CESSNA 30922 OC VALVE

Default Re: Eaton 2-spool valve question.

I think it is a total relief of the 2-spools as well as the PB. You hit the set point and it routes back to the tank. So, if the hoe wants to use 2500psi and the loader valve is only set to 2000 psi, your hoe will never see 2500.

jb

Tractor
    New Holland

Thanks for the info. I bought it from Surplus Center and from what I can find, is that it comes standard with an adjustable relief 1600-2300 psi. I can get a 2250-2500 psi spring for it. I was wondering if there was a way to eliminate the relief in this valve and allow it to use the on build into the tractor. It seems that since I installed my T&T system the BH does not seem as strong as before, the speed is the same though. I suspect the relief in the T&T valve needs adjusted.

Tractor
    PT2445; several ag machines and classics

Could you set it up in series (using just the "in" and "out") instead of the PB port [which would be plugged]?

Then even when the relief trips, it will still be going to your BH instead of the resevior.

Tractor
    New Holland

I don't think so from what I've come to understand. The "out" is a actually somewhat of a lower pressure, that is, what is unused from the work ports. Whereas the power-beyond is a constant high pressure that carries pressure to the next valve in the series.

I sent a PM to MadReferee, he seems to know the specifics as he is the one that recomended this valve.