Deere-Lanz 510; air in fuel

/ Deere-Lanz 510; air in fuel #1  

RichardHone

Tractor
JD Lanz 510
My JD 510 is getting air into the fuel system. I can see air in the glass dome of the diesel transfer pump, and in the glass bezel under the first (a set of two) fuel filters. It runs for about 15mins until the air column in the transfer pump builds up to about half and then shuts down. Any idea should I replace the fuel line, the transfer pump (or seal) or the diesel filters. I unscrewed the bleed off at the top of the first filter, and diesel/air came out. Nothing came out of the second filter. Any trouble shooting tips? Also anyone know where I can get a shop manual for this tractor (1967 Deere Lanz 3 cylinder model 510)

/ Deere-Lanz 510; air in fuel #2  
Well, it sounds like you've got it isolated down to area from the tank to the 1st filter. Somewhere in that area you're introducing air into the fuel system. Check and triple check.

Here are some sites that I've noted have manuals, parts, etc. for older model tractors: www.todaystractors.com, www.ytmag.com, www. tractortips.com. There are also forums there to exchange tips, advice, etc.

Good luck and when you solve the problem -- let us all know how you did it! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Deere-Lanz 510; air in fuel
Update: problem fixed. Took the fuel line off at the tank. The intake was only partially clogged with debris. So there wasnt enough fuel getting into the system. Was introducing air instead. Blew out the line, bled everything out, and now it works like a charm. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Deere-Lanz 510; air in fuel #4  
Congrats! Glad to hear you figured it out! Ever see a manual out there on the web?
AKfish