Diesel just shutdown- Need help

/ Diesel just shutdown- Need help #1  

Phoenix1

Tractor
Simplicity Legacy XL
Tractor was running fine. I was sitting on the tracor and not moving while looking at where I wanted to go next and it just stopped running. Lights work, glow plugs come on but now it won't even turn over. I've drained the water separater but didn't notice anything unusual. Any ideas what to do next? Thanks

/ Diesel just shutdown- Need help #2  
What brand/model tractor? That might help with the "long distance diagnosis".

/ Diesel just shutdown- Need help #3  
If it's that Simplicity, it probably has a "seat switch", requiring an arse in the seat. I would check that, or other safety start switches.

/ Diesel just shutdown- Need help
You have a good memory norm. Yes Simplicity XL with the Diahatsu diesel. I looked at the seat switch and didn't see anything unusual but that makes sense. I'll check again in the daylight. Not sure if it has any other safety switches. Fuel pump? How do you know? Only has 265 hours.

/ Diesel just shutdown- Need help
Well crisis over. No idea why. I guess a loose connection somewhere. I was jiggling just about any wire I could find. Went out this morning and it started right up. Might happen again but soent most of the afternoon on it and no problems.

Maybe it was the heart-to-heart talk I had with it last night. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for the suggestions!!

/ Diesel just shutdown- Need help #6  
Phoenix,

For furture reference. Here's my list of Stupid Things that can make it stop and not start.

1) It has a seat switch and you stood up, bounced up.
2) Seat switch wire is loose
3) It died, with the PTO engaged, now it won't start until you remember to disengage the PTO
4) You ran out of fuel!

It's usually something simple.

jb

/ Diesel just shutdown- Need help #7  
<font color="red"> Maybe it was the heart-to-heart talk I had with it last night </font>

LOL talked REAL nice didn't ya??..... none of which can be seen here I am guessing....

/ Diesel just shutdown- Need help #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Well crisis over. No idea why. I guess a loose connection somewhere. I was jiggling just about any wire I could find. Went out this morning and it started ri problght up. Might happen again but soent most of the afternoon on it and noems.

Maybe it was the heart-to-heart talk I had with it last night.

Thanks for the suggestions!! )</font>

It has been my experience that inanimate objects that heal themselves are just waiting for a more inconvenient time to quit for good /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif