rear axle housing replacement?

/ rear axle housing replacement? #1  

amw_yo

i have a hinomoto e18 tractor and the right hand rear axle housing cracked. welding only held it for a while. does anyone know where i can get a housing or is there a possibility of an interchange with a more common brand? any information would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
James

/ rear axle housing replacement?
hey everybody
just wanted to express my deep gratitiude for all of the generous wealth of information provided the users of this site. i guess the 112 people who looked at this post were completely clueless as to where i could find a rear axle housing. i would have at least appreciated a "gee i don't know, thats a real stumper there!". or is it something against new folk. i truly expected more.

/ rear axle housing replacement? #3  
beats me, I don't know what a hinomoto e18 is.

/ rear axle housing replacement? #4  
Gee I don't know either. Buy a tractor you can get parts for. That's the best advise I can offer you. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ rear axle housing replacement? #5  
Dude, chill out. No reason to get testy. Don't know about new parts, but we welded up a 44,000# rear end on an old R-model Mack by drilling a hole at each end of the crack, then welding it up. Seems the hole helped keep the crack from spreading. Also, the metallurgy of the rear end can affect how well or even if the weld will hold.
oh, one more thing:
gee i don't know, thats a real stumper there! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ rear axle housing replacement? #6  
   / rear axle housing replacement? #7  
You are entirely welcome.

/ rear axle housing replacement? #8  
Yep, Rino1 gave you some information I trust is helpful to you. Maybe you could find it yourself. Most posters on this site will go out of their way help another tractor owner, new posters included. If you've read the site much I think you will agree. I hope you've just had a bad day and this isn't your typical attitude.

Down the list of forums a bit you will see one titled "Grey Market Tractors" . There is an active thread about Hinomoto tractors going on now. Look around, there is lots of help here.

/ rear axle housing replacement? #9  
"...but we welded up a 44,000# rear end on an old R-model Mack by drilling a hole at each end of the crack, then welding it up. Seems the hole helped keep the crack from spreading"

That's exactly how to prevent a crack from propagating. It's call "Stop Drilling". The intent to to spread any stresses at the end or ends of a crack, even if it's not welded closed. Preheating can also help.