Hydraulics Question

/ Hydraulics Question #1  

northernboy

Tractor
UTM 550
Hey, I just bought an 55hp universal. It has a front end loader and PTO. I'm pretty handy, but have never worked with hydraulics. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I have a couple hoses to change... (easy enough), but I can't work my PTO hydraulics and my loader at the same time.... the previous owner put a valve in that I have to flip if I want to switch over the hydraulics... front to back or back to front. What's worse is the valve is located half way under the tractor and is a pain in the butt to get to. Is there anything I can do to get them both working at the same time?

Thanks

I don't know where I'm headed and why am I in this hand-basket?

/ Hydraulics Question #2  
I have used a couple of older tractors that had this valve. As I remember one way to use the loader the other for the backhoe. I think a fellow would have to look at the way the hydraulics are plumbed up. It would make sense to me that if you put all the valves in series it would still work without the selector valve. You would still only be able to use one or two at a time as you would with a front loader, but it would be up to the volume of the pump to be able to use multiple functions at a time. There might be some reason it is there for the protection of the tractor 3pt system too, so be carefull of any mods.

/ Hydraulics Question #3  
I dont know if this will help or not but someone posted this site a little while ago. since I am also new to hydraulics I thought it might be worth keeping in my favorites.
hydraulics basics
Hope it helps.