Top link question

/ Top link question #1  

BobQ

Silver Member
I am looking to get a longer top link, the spec on the internet sais, 14-1/2" Body # Hole, but then adjusted from 22" to 29". I would guess that the shortest length would be 22"? the longest 29" so what does 14-1/2" Body # Hole, mean?

HELP!

Thanks Bob

/ Top link question
I am looking to get a longer top link, the spec on the internet sais, 14-1/2" Body # Hole, but then adjusted from 22" to 29". I would guess that the shortest length would be 22"? the longest 29" so what does 14-1/2" Body # Hole, mean?

HELP!

Thanks Bob

/ Top link question #3  
The only specs you should be interested in are the retracted length and the stroke. The retracted length is measured from center of the pin hole on the rod to the center of the fixed pin hole on the opposite side of the cylinder when the cylinder rod is fully retracted. The stroke is how far out the cylinder rod will extend. The sum of the 2 lengths gives you the maximum length.

It looks like your cylinder has a retracted length of 22" and a 7" stroke. Odd numbered stroke lengths are not that common so I would take a close look at what you are getting.

The size of the body is usually not a significant item unless clearances are an issue. For a top link it is meaningless.

/ Top link question #4  
The only specs you should be interested in are the retracted length and the stroke. The retracted length is measured from center of the pin hole on the rod to the center of the fixed pin hole on the opposite side of the cylinder when the cylinder rod is fully retracted. The stroke is how far out the cylinder rod will extend. The sum of the 2 lengths gives you the maximum length.

It looks like your cylinder has a retracted length of 22" and a 7" stroke. Odd numbered stroke lengths are not that common so I would take a close look at what you are getting.

The size of the body is usually not a significant item unless clearances are an issue. For a top link it is meaningless.

/ Top link question #5  
Im guessing youre talking about a standard screw adjust top link. With the ends fully screwed in to the 14.5 body the link is 22" and at full recommended extension hole to hole is 29". The word "Hole" may refer to a hole thru the body so that a rod can be used for turning it.
Larry

/ Top link question #6  
Im guessing youre talking about a standard screw adjust top link. With the ends fully screwed in to the 14.5 body the link is 22" and at full recommended extension hole to hole is 29". The word "Hole" may refer to a hole thru the body so that a rod can be used for turning it.
Larry