Case 1845C Battery?

/ Case 1845C Battery? #1  

stouttrout

I have a 1999 Case 1845c Skid Steer I am trying to get running. It has low hours on it but had no Battery in it. I am sure I will have more questions the deeper I get into this thing. Right now, I need a Battery. Anyone know what size it should have?

Appreciate any help and advice.

Dan

/ Case 1845C Battery? #2  
Get the biggest that will fit.

/ Case 1845C Battery? #3  
I agree. I have an 1845C and it has a huge battery with threaded post something like 3/8 bolts and they can be bought at Samsclub reasonable like $70 or so, do not get the deep cycle. Mine is something like 1000 CCA and works great, check out my gallery link below and you will see it
Jim

/ Case 1845C Battery? #4  
I agree. I have an 1845C and it has a huge battery with threaded post something like 3/8 bolts and they can be bought at Samsclub reasonable like $70 or so, do not get the deep cycle. Mine is something like 1000 CCA and works great, check out my gallery link below and you will see it
Jim

This is my first post (required for membership:).

I got here looking for battery info for my case 1845c. Looking at the case prices for their battery, I'm depressed. $70 sounds more inline with my pocketbook.

Does anyone have a specific brand/model that will fit and has the bolt terminals? I've got a lot of 6V for my Cushman Titan Industrial mover, but they won't fit through the hole! (thought about putting 2 inseries)..

Thanks
Bob in Lone Oak, TX

/ Case 1845C Battery? #5  
For your info, MrJimi passed away a couple of years ago.

I purchased the Case1845c from his wife. He always kept a battery minder on that battery, and I checked it the other day. and it is still good.

Don't you have to take out the seat to replace the battery?

/ Case 1845C Battery? #6  
I'm pretty sure the battery you need is a Group 31.

Mark

/ Case 1845C Battery? #7  
For your info, MrJimi passed away a couple of years ago.

I purchased the Case1845c from his wife. He always kept a battery minder on that battery, and I checked it the other day. and it is still good.

Don't you have to take out the seat to replace the battery?

Sorry to hear about MrJimi. I must be getting old, all my friends/neighbors are passing away.

I found a Case dealer about 40 miles north of me (in east Texas) and I'm going to see what his price is on a new battery. Seems like Case switched from bolt on to post since mine was built. Might have to change the cables (or use adapters).

The battery can be pulled by removing the left side panel and raising the arms. Tough to do when the SS won't start;)

Bob in Lone Oak, TX

/ Case 1845C Battery? #8  
I'm pretty sure the battery you need is a Group 31.

Mark

I think you're right. The part number I find is BMF31, but all the pics on the web show batteries with posts instead of the bolt on type I have. Might have to adapt.

Thanks
Bob in Lone Oak, TX

/ Case 1845C Battery? #9  
I attached the data sheet for the 1845C. It gives battery recommended capacity, but not physical size. I will relate my experience with battery installation. It is difficult with the loader boom arms down, but reasonable easy with the boom arms up and locked. I would run the machine on battery and jumper cables to get the boom up. Then install the battery. I don't believe my machine has access to the battery compartment with the seat out. I installed mine by dropping it down from the top just behind the battery location, and then sliding forward. I have a service manual but it does not cover battery installation. It's a large book and I will do some more checking. The 1845C is notorious for low voltage to the starter solenoid, and can be a bear about just clicking and not engaging the starter. There are several easy quick fixes for that situation.

View attachment 1845C.pdf

/ Case 1845C Battery? #10