FRONT END LOADER CONTROL VALVE ?

/ FRONT END LOADER CONTROL VALVE ? #1  

KatieL3710hst

Tractor
Kabota L245DT / L3710hst
I have a kubota 3710 with a LA682 front end loader with a Husco Control valve.
The control valve sticks as I raise the front end (bucket). when I pull the control knob down to raise the arms and the bucket, the bucket starts going up.
When I let go of the control knob the bucket keeps going up, I have to push the control knob back to center to stop it.
Can the valve be taken apart, cleaned, oiled and reassembled. or do I need to buy a new valve?

Thank you for your help. Les

/ FRONT END LOADER CONTROL VALVE ? #2  
Sounds like the linkage is out of adjustment.

I would disassemble the joystick and check the linkage, then lube it. If the problem remains then there is something amiss in the valve. Those Husco valves used by Kubota are propriatery to Kubota and you can only get parts from your Kubota dealer. I believe that there are rebuild kits available. However, I would check the linkage and eliminate all outside possibilities before rebuilding the valve.

/ FRONT END LOADER CONTROL VALVE ? #3  
While it MAY be the linkage, I'll guess that it is not. Your valve spools should re-center as long as they are not in float, which when raising you are obviously not. A couple of things come to mind. Now I don't know how you Husco valve mounts, but on the larger PRince valves WE use you CAN tighten them too much, meaning where they mount to the tractor/loader. This can put a VERY slight twist to the casting and bind the spools. Another possiblity is that the centering spring is broken or weak. Lastly, you may have a piece of contamination caught between the spool and the casting. My guess is the centering spring. Should be easy to fix no matter what it is. I hope it's not the last possibility because that can mean and/or lead to bigger issues.

/ FRONT END LOADER CONTROL VALVE ? #4  
Before you take it apart check a few things. Some joysticks have plastic or nylon liners in the ball joints. Look to see if these are all intact. Also, move the stick around and watch how the ball joints work. I have seen more than one joystick that had a ball joint tightened down before it was aligned properly. Not the ball end of the joint but the stem end. Either of these things will cause a drag in operation and some times it will only be apparent in one direction of the stick.

/ FRONT END LOADER CONTROL VALVE ?
The linkage looks to be working fine. It moves freely. I lubed it well.
I haven’t tighten any nuts or bolts on or around the valve, so I don’t think it has a twist in the casting.
But you said, as long as they are not in float. Thats another thing. I can’t get it to go into float.
If it is the centering spring thats broken or weak, is it easy to replace it?
Do you know of a link that shows a break down picture of a valve. and if I start to disassemble the valve will small parts start falling out? or springs springing out? or are they pretty simple to disassemble and reassemble?
(not a lot of parts)

Thank you for your help. Les

/ FRONT END LOADER CONTROL VALVE ? #6  
OK.. now we are getting somewhere.... It won't go into Float... you should have some "end caps" on the spools on the opposite side from where the handle kit attaches. Your problem is in there. I have never even had a Hucso valve in my hands, so I can't be more specific, but it should still be relatively easy to fix once you know what is wrong. It may bo so simple as the caps are loose and things are misaligned.

/ FRONT END LOADER CONTROL VALVE ? #7  
On my L3010 I've experienced eratic loader behavior when the hydro fluid flow control valve was not all the way open. The valve on mine is located under the right side of the tractor near the filters.

Thanks for the help. I'll look at those things this weekend.
I hope its something simple as that. because I checked on a new valve, I was thinking maybe $250.00 to $350.00. nope, $950.00
It would be nice if its a matter of turning a screw or tightening the caps.
Again thanks for your help. Les

You were right rback33. It was inside one of the end caps on the spools on the opposite side from where the handle kit attaches. all it needed was to be cleaned and lubed. now it works fine, doesn’t stick and it goes into float just like its suppose to.
Just one thing when disassembling the parts under the end cap
theres a part that looks like a 5/8” socket, be careful when removing this part because this part holds five little ball bearings and a spring (under pressure)
yep, I found out the hard way. the spring and ball bearings fell to the ground. but with a little help from a magnet I found all the parts.
Thank you all for your help. Les

/ FRONT END LOADER CONTROL VALVE ? #10  
oops... sorry... Didn't think about that... should have though....that's how all the ones I have actually seen are set up.... Glad i could help!